New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2015, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by electrich
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
5,405 Posts
I have owned a previously loved AdX for about 2 years and literally flew the wings off of it when a retaining screw backed out mid flight. I have a new kit sitting on the shelf. Before I dig in, how long does it typically take to assemble an X? A weekend, a full day, a couple hours?
electrich is offline Find More Posts by electrich
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2015, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by yufasa
'n boer maak 'n plan
United States, PA, Franklin
Joined Oct 2004
173 Posts
I never rush a build and would not recommend it.
It took me a week of a couple of hours after work everyday.
Started on Tuesday and flew it on Sunday.
You can do it in a day, but better wait for that glue to cure....
yufasa is offline Find More Posts by yufasa
Old Aug 03, 2015, 10:35 PM
Find More Posts by HaventFlownSince2014
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
15,849 Posts
Rich, X was my 4th PA plane and no doubt with the way you work that you can have it together in one good day, or a couple nights. I know you don't rush builds, but you are very efficient and productive with your time in the shop. I'll give ya some hands if you want to hit it double-time.

I learned from the mafia to stick to wood glue for PA builds, but what ever you decide to use [perhaps epoxy], I suggest you get those pieces like the motor mount on right away so they can begin to set.
HaventFlownSince2014 is online now Find More Posts by HaventFlownSince2014
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Giant 66% Cub
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM
Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poffertjesporem View Post
@jasmine2501:

I manualy put my ailerons and elevator up on windy days when parked power off, the servo that failed was unable to keep the full up position. After it died it had more friction.....my hobbyking servos on the scratch builds cant hold it up?

I'm noob with rc electronics, so feel free to correct my conclusion
Yeah, like John said, stop doing that

Servos should move relatively freely without power, but don't move them around by hand. Wherever they stop, that's fine. If they can't hold position when powered up, obviously that's an issue.

In the wind, place the plane on the ground with the tail into the wind. If it's really windy, put it in the car. It is designed to take flight with very little airspeed, so it will get picked up by the wind and there isn't much you can do about it.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501