New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2015, 03:23 PM
Find More Posts by Daniel F EDF
Slovakia, Banská Bystrica Region, Banská Bystrica
Joined Feb 2015
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake View Post
It is a bit confusing and the instructions can be better. The balancer has no way of knowing the position of the fan. So the way you use it goes like this:
1. First, try to get the fan running as smoothly as possible by rotating the blades on the shaft 90° at a time. Pick the one that is the smoothest and fine adjust until it is running as smooth as possible. Just do this by feel, no need for the balancer yet. Then add the nose cone, and do the same thing.
2. Now mount up your balancer using a cushion between the bracket and fan housing. Take the bracket off the balancer while doing this. Start with the knob fully counter clockwise. Make a mark on the nose cone that shows up in the strobe. Add a small amount of weight starting at the mark (12 o'clock) at 12,3,6,9 o'clock position and run it with the strobe on each time. You will see the line in the strobe. Remember that location. where that line is, and where the weight is, IS your heavy spot. The actual spot is where the weight is, you reference is where the line is. You add weight to the opposite side of the "heavy side". start with a pinch and play around with the weights until the strobe goes out. Start turning the knob clockwise and add or subtracting weight.

i.e. lets say I get the fan balanced as much as possible by rotating the blade and cone, then it is on the balancer. I run the extra weight and notice that the line is in the 12 o'clock position, but the extra weight I added is in the 9 o'clock position. That tells me, when the line appears at 12, the heavy side is at 9, so I need to add weight to 3 o'clock. So now I take off the extra weight, run it, and the line shows up at 3 o'clock. The heavy side is still at 9 o'clock, and I still need to add weight to the 3 o'clock position. So in this case I would add weight right where the line is.

P.S. I will balance your fan for $10 plus shipping, which is usually around $6.

Thanks for making it clear to me! I would really lime to semd you my fans... I am from central Europe so I dont think that shipping will be 6usd (unfortunately). I think that shipping will be more than a price of my combos... If I move any closer, I will call you! :-))))
Daniel F EDF is offline Find More Posts by Daniel F EDF
to remove ads between posts