HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Apr 2005
11 Posts
Discussion
Rudd-Ail mix

Hi everyone, I have rud-ail mix (same dir, i.e. left rud - left ail) and during slow roll I find the roll rate speeds up in the second half because of the application of different rudder in the first vs second half...that is, rudder in first half has ail from the mix opposite to the roll direction so the roll is slower, then after that opposite rudder has ail in the same direction as the roll rate speeds up.

Any suggestions to manage that? Or is it just varying ail input?
KenChoo is offline Find More Posts by KenChoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:07 PM
Ελλάδα, Δυτική Ελλάδα, Πάτρα
Joined Jun 2009
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenChoo View Post
Hi everyone, I have rud-ail mix (same dir, i.e. left rud - left ail) and during slow roll I find the roll rate speeds up in the second half because of the application of different rudder in the first vs second half...that is, rudder in first half has ail from the mix opposite to the roll direction so the roll is slower, then after that opposite rudder has ail in the same direction as the roll rate speeds up.

Any suggestions to manage that? Or is it just varying ail input?
Personally, I use the stick position switch on my JR XG8 (logic switch on futaba) to turn off the mix when using very little aileron.
johncoulouris is offline Find More Posts by johncoulouris
Last edited by johncoulouris; Nov 19, 2012 at 04:47 PM.