SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:11 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
LOL, and you're posting in the HK450 (clone) Thread .

Let me elaborate. In clones I meant copycats, with the brand name at all. Fake products. Not cheap products of other names. I'd rather have a $10 ZD720 gyro than a fake Futaba GY401 because at least I know what I am getting and getting what I have paid for.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:20 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Let me elaborate. In clones I meant copycats, with the brand name at all. Fake products. Not cheap products of other names. I'd rather have a $10 ZD720 gyro than a fake Futaba GY401 because at least I know what I am getting and getting what I have paid for.
I know exactly what you mean, I was yanking your chain . For the record though, although I, myself haven't been caught out, a flying pal of mine did. He was caught with one of the legendary Futaba GY401 clones, complete with rusty nut to make up the weight. To this day I don't think he ever got refunded from the dodgy ebay seller.
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:08 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
Well bob o replyed to The rules of helifreak and it is very vague of " the rules "and still dosent state why we cant post .so i am not going to debate it as he is the police and they can make up any rule they want . so in other words
there is no rule not to post a clone but whatever they want to do is up to them
so we need to bow down to their Poopoo and suck it up . Baa they can go kiss my
Ironicly they have a massive HB800 thread over there too. I think it's just because it's the mighty vbar and not a filthy beastX that they're suddenly complaining.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Feb 01, 2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:18 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovin View Post
I almost pay for this when I saw it on display in LHS and how small it is comparing to the rest FBL gyro.
Am I the only one a little creeped out by that?
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Feb 01, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:30 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Well bob o replyed to The rules of helifreak and it is very vague of " the rules "and still dosent state why we cant post .so i am not going to debate it as he is the police and they can make up any rule they want . so in other words
there is no rule not to post a clone but whatever they want to do is up to them
so we need to bow down to their Poopoo and suck it up . Baa they can go kiss my
No big deal if that's the way they want to play. IMHO if it wasn't for all the links and pics of clone parts and anything new on these types of forums they would be boring as.

So we'll just post up the link here...then go over there and post a link back to the post here with the link to the product ... problem solved. That doesn't violate their rules.
ahamay is offline Find More Posts by ahamay
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:05 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
mhills51, really nice looking build on the Airwolf, is that a 450 ? Just looks a bit bigger in the pics.
Thanks! It's a Align 500e.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:08 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Mini vbar clone out.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=495038

Mikado must be s***ing bricks right now.
For those that are interested, I've started a thread about it here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1822715
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:09 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Ironicly they have a massive HB800 thread over there too. I think it's just because it's the mighty vbar and not a filthy beastX that they're suddenly complaining.
I put the beastx over the vbar. The only thing that makes the Vbar stick out is the vibration and performance log. But that won't make up for a poor gyro "robird"
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:20 PM
Joined May 2011
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovin View Post
I almost pay for this when I saw it on display in LHS and how small it is comparing to the rest FBL gyro.
Tovin - that gyro has been out for a few years now..

I had the first version 5.0 and it works quite well - the display is crisp and has a touch pad in the back to change settings. However, it didn't have failsafe and was not firmware upgradable.

The 5.1 you have a picture of has resolved that and is firmware upgradeable and does have failsafe..

It's a good gyro - you would have been happy with it for the price.
jockstrap is offline Find More Posts by jockstrap
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:37 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,174 Posts
Since finless bob doesnt post new models and videos any more, I don't usually go there and post . Because of those people nosing down at people with other than a Brand name .
Beenflying , nice job stating a thread . i found a thread in Vietnamese about the KBAR from back in December 5th, from i think it was a vender, but that's about it .
The way i read it it almost sounds like a joke
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:39 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
I put the beastx over the vbar. The only thing that makes the Vbar stick out is the vibration and performance log. But that won't make up for a poor gyro "robird"
If your still looking for a fbl controller , I like my blackwidow from rc aerodine . It was only 100.00
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:04 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,937 Posts
Quote:
Since finless bob doesnt post new models and videos any more, I don't usually go there and post . Because of those people nosing down at people with other than a Brand name .
Beenflying , nice job stating a thread . i found a thread in Vietnamese about the KBAR from back in December 5th, from i think it was a vender, but that's about it .
The way i read it it almost sounds like a joke
It definitely exists. It just hasn't seen it's way out of China yet. It will pop up somewhere, perhaps even with yet another label or case.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:23 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
I take it that your not a fan of the Robird either. I haven't tried a Vbar but I really love the feel of my beastx clone compared to the Robird.

Quote:
If your still looking for a fbl controller , I like my blackwidow from rc aerodine . It was only 100.00
blackwidow is the same as the Robird..just different color case.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:15 AM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,174 Posts
I think maybe the programming is different between the black widow and robird .
The setups looks the same but my 450 pro fly's more like my quad , very stable , and with analog mg90 servos.
The only thing i don't like is takeoff. when i spool up its like a flybar and wants to move to the left . If i don't give it right input it will tip over .
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:22 PM
Joined Aug 2011
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post
Tovin - that gyro has been out for a few years now..

I had the first version 5.0 and it works quite well - the display is crisp and has a touch pad in the back to change settings. However, it didn't have failsafe and was not firmware upgradable.

The 5.1 you have a picture of has resolved that and is firmware upgradeable and does have failsafe..

It's a good gyro - you would have been happy with it for the price.
I know it was years back, but I only got to see the real thing early last year on display in LHS.
Actually it is most cheaper comparing to Align & skookum.
I like the tiny size of the GT5, but I also like the performance of skookum.
Hard to pick either one of it, can't make up my mind yet.
Tovin is offline Find More Posts by Tovin