SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 30, 2012, 05:49 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,371 Posts
Special announcement

I hate to inform you guys that I no longer work at Venom/Atomik as of today. I hope the bike will continue to bring you guys a lot of enjoyment and thrills in the years to come. I will not be able to support the products and from here on out Im just a customer same as you. Im not planning on working in the RC industry at this time unless something attractive comes along or I decide to make my own company, only time will tell. Im taking a break from RC for a while.

I hope you guys can understand and keep the bike scene going forward.

Best wishes,
Chris Nicastro
Chris Nicastro is online now Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 05:52 PM
MM450 Perfectionist
The Woodlands, TX
Joined Dec 2009
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
I hate to inform you guys that I no longer work at Venom/Atomik as of today. I hope the bike will continue to bring you guys a lot of enjoyment and thrills in the years to come. I will not be able to support the products and from here on out Im just a customer same as you. Im not planning on working in the RC industry at this time unless something attractive comes along or I decide to make my own company, only time will tell. Im taking a break from RC for a while.

Best wishes,
Chris Nicastro
well that sucks... you have been such an asset to these awesome products, and the hobby in general... I wish you good luck in your new endeavors, but you will be missed... are you going to be on the boards??? who will be the go to guy for this bike??? this is really bad news... take care Chris...
rpedro is offline Find More Posts by rpedro
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:01 PM
mp-
Napa, California
Joined Jan 2004
706 Posts
Daayum. I can only see this as bad for RC motorcycling, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping to see more RC motorcycle designs from you in the future.

mp-
mp- is offline Find More Posts by mp-
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,371 Posts
Thanks, I hope so too.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:35 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
bummer chris, well i wish you the best in whatever you do , thanx a lot for all the time and tips you gave all of us!! your the man.

did you here any word on when the E-gyro kits where coming before you parted ways?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,371 Posts
Sorry no updates.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:28 PM
AYP
france
Joined Nov 2010
24 Posts
Bonjour Chris.
Triste nouvelle.
Sache que j'ai bien apprécié ta collaboration,tes compétences et tes conseilles dans le développement de la VMX.
Amicalement.
MERCI POUR TOUT.
Pascal.

Hello Chris.
Sad news.
Know that I appreciated your collaboration, your skills and advise in the development of the VMX.
Friendly.
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.
Pascal.
AYP is offline Find More Posts by AYP
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:42 PM
100% _Maybe
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
321 Posts
Quote:

Best wishes,
Chris Nicastro
Wow. I can't believe they didn't make you an offer you can't refuse! I've read many of your posts to get my bike sorted and running great, Thanks. I am hoping we'll see more from you soon, like THE ultimate RC dirt bike. I think you'll have a lot of support if you do. Good luck.
Rob1o1 is offline Find More Posts by Rob1o1
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Jul 2012
22 Posts
Quote:

Best wishes,
Chris Nicastro
Best of luck with your new project and a big thanks for your support for the VMX/MM bike.
tntpower1 is offline Find More Posts by tntpower1
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:42 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,789 Posts
Dont hold your breath lol but egyro upgrade status changed from out of stock to late august. So dont think any negative thoughts or it may change on a whim. Positive energy guys!
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:51 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Dont hold your breath lol but egyro upgrade status changed from out of stock to late august. So dont think any negative thoughts or it may change on a whim. Positive energy guys!
I saw that too Johnny, Should be interesting to see if we actually get them before winter
Almost make ya want to buy the MM bike when we see the vids "new" Chris is putting up, lol.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:05 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
I saw that too Johnny, Should be interesting to see if we actually get them before winter
Almost make ya want to buy the MM bike when we see the vids "new" Chris is putting up, lol.
Hey TopDave yea I got impatient waiting having no clue as to what was going on. I'll always use my VMXs again either for parts or get an e gyro and convert. Believe you me though, the wait will be worth it, this bike is on another level again, awesome stuff.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:22 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,702 Posts
Oh and when it does arrive, even if it is winter, it will handle your indoor track easy as. I'm finding I'm having just as much if not more fun going slow and testing the bike and my capabilities as going fast, also less damage when you get it wrong. although Deegan has already been decapitated. Some quick surgery and he's back at it. Wish I was that easy to fix.lol
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Aug 03, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:23 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
to: ATOMIK-VENOM MANAGMENT

Now that we and you folks have lost Chris Nicastro's abilities and knowlege base, are you going to assign us biker guys a new Atomic "GO TO" guy to cruise these biker forums to spread knowlege and good information to help us grow this sport? We all really appreciated all that Chris N. did for all the guys who needed help and special attention to cure some of the ills of the original VMX bike and will miss those types of informational inputs from an actual engineering expert. It was so nice to get information here, rather than having to make a phone call to the "tech" department for answers (altho' Venom did a very good job keeping us in parts and info!).
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:46 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Hey TopDave yea I got impatient waiting having no clue as to what was going on. I'll always use my VMXs again either for parts or get an e gyro and convert. Believe you me though, the wait will be worth it, this bike is on another level again, awesome stuff.
Hey Chris, Yeah, that video of you playing on that gravel pile shows that the new MM bike does every thing the old VMX's just could not do unless the gyro was fully spooled up. What you were doing on the gravel pile reminded me of the way full scale dirt bikers go out and play on dirt piles and moguls lol! And the slow running speeds of the e gyro bike over that terrain is so realistic looking. Can't wait till the gyro kits show up! I can't wait to run the bike on the indoor track. Last winter I ran my DTX bike at our indoor 10th scale races around a very technical off road carpet track and ran several consecutive laps without crashing, and the car guys cheered every time I cleared the 12 foot table top jump with out jumping off the track or crashing, lol.