New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2015, 04:07 PM
Find More Posts by Holt
Joined Jul 2007
15 Posts
Help!
gluing wings on foamie

I have a Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver. I was in the air when the wind came up quite a bit more than I am comfortable with and decided to land into the wind which was about 45 degrees to the grass runway. I was dragging it in across a very rough area bordering the runway and stalled it about 3 feet off the ground. I immediately added full power and neutralized the controls. The right wing tip hit the ground. The airplane spun around 180 degrees and was climbing straight out. I turned back and keeping the speed up made the landing. On touchdown I saw that the right wing was drooping way down and on inspection saw that the wing had pulled away from the fuselage. It is held in place by 2 plastic tabs that slide into the fuselage wing root area and supposedly lock in. I removed the strut and pushed the wing back in as far as it would go and replaced the strut. A week later I flew the plane with no problems, but after landing I saw the wing had pulled out again but only about 1/2 inch.
So now I am thinking about gluing the wings to the fuselage, using epoxy or maybe hot glue. Anyone have suggestions or other ideas? Thanks. Holt
Holt is offline Find More Posts by Holt
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2015, 04:44 PM
Find More Posts by BHOFM
Kimbers Keeper.
Joined Nov 2014
1,087 Posts
If you did not pull the wing off and inspect the connecting parts, I would. Here are
the clips that hold the wing, cheap.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCPGG&P=Z
BHOFM is online now Find More Posts by BHOFM
Old Apr 24, 2015, 06:30 PM
Find More Posts by HeliKid420
Elliot
Nevada
Joined Apr 2009
58 Posts
I would do the wing clips stated above, if you need to glue the foam. GORILLA glue works really, really good make sure to moisten the area glued. I also have the DHC-2 beaver and I love Flysone Selec Scale. It is such a fun easy to fly aircraft! I don't use the flaps either but yea the wind will destroy you if your not careful. hope it helps!
HeliKid420 is offline Find More Posts by HeliKid420