New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by coystride
Joined Sep 2014
115 Posts
Help!
Replacing FMS TX/RX with Spektrum TX/RX

I am trying to switch out the TX/RX I have been using on my FMS 1430mm Corsair. I have been using the TX/RX that came with the airplane and everything has worked fine. i am trying to setup the Corsair so I can use my Spektrum DX8 and Spektrum AR 8000. I installed the Spektrum TX/RX in the Corsair and attempted to bind the TX/RX. Everything bound except the throttle (ESC). All the controls work except the throttle control. When I turn on the TX and plug up the receiver to the aircraft battery I don't get any beeping sounds from the ESC. I entered the DX8 program and reversed the throttle and when I plugged everything back up the ESC emitted a lot of beeps to alert me that the throttle was reversed so there is communication between the ESC and the new TX/RX but the ESC just want turn the motor on. I read something in the FMS manual about throttle calibration when you change to a different TX and RX. That is probably my problem but I don't know how to recalibrated the throttle. Can anyone tell me how to recalibrate the throttle and also if there is anything else you can think of that may be causing the binding problem Thanks!
coystride is offline Find More Posts by coystride
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2015, 01:08 PM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
28,294 Posts
It might be even simpler.

Pull the throttle trim all the way low.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2015, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by coystride
Joined Sep 2014
115 Posts
Throttle calibation

Thanks Andy. I got the throttle working. You have to turn on the TX and move the throttle to max then power up the ESC. At that point you get 2 beeps and you lower the throttle to it's minimum position until you get two more beeps , then the throttle is calibrated and will work. What was throwing me off was on the DX8 TX if you switch on with a max power setting you get a lot of warning beeps which were drowning out the initial 2 beeps indicating calibration. Anyway it is working now. I am going to install a Guardian 2D/3D gyro tomorrow and when we get a nice day I will fly it with it's new transmitter and the guardian Gyro. Thanks for your help.
coystride is offline Find More Posts by coystride