New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2015, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by dave steffan
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Discussion
NSW reorganisation

The MAAA has taken over the three organizations that have administered model aviation in NSW.
Here we go the bun fight begins.
All three organizations from next year will be unified.
Radio control, control line and free flight.
I do not make political comments on line but they all were sacked.
For the next two years the committee running the three disciplines in NSW will be run by a hand picked team.
The MAAA will be picking the committee for the next two years.
Good luck to all.
Dave.
dave steffan is offline Find More Posts by dave steffan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by Charmez
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2014
391 Posts
Can't even begin to describe how stupid it is. It makes other organisations extremely appealing.
Charmez is online now Find More Posts by Charmez
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:06 PM
Find More Posts by Aussie_Toyman
I'd rather be Rallying
Australia, NSW, Hampton
Joined Nov 2006
2,236 Posts
You'd the team looking after +2000 Members wouldn't have too much drama overseeing another +300 Members.

Especially when the extra Members had their own Special Interest Group looking after them.
Aussie_Toyman is offline Find More Posts by Aussie_Toyman
Old Aug 15, 2015, 03:21 AM
Find More Posts by _AL_
Slow builder
Australia, NSW, Hornsby
Joined Jul 2005
2,058 Posts
Toy aeroplanes....
I won't be losing any sleep over this.

Al
_AL_ is offline Find More Posts by _AL_
Old Aug 16, 2015, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by Ricksta
gravity is my enemy
Sydney
Joined Dec 2006
223 Posts
Does this mean our fees will be cheaper :-/ without mas ?? n just after mas wasted all that money on rebranding ....go figure
Ricksta is offline Find More Posts by Ricksta
Old Aug 16, 2015, 08:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
From the meeting i gather they will be, but nothing is decided yet.
The meeting indicated that the MAAA are looking at total federation so that will eliminate all state bodies.
When, where,how who knows?.
Its all new, i can just hear the knives being sharpened.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 08:23 AM
Find More Posts by I fly F.A.I
Australia, NSW, Wyalong
Joined Jun 2014
15 Posts
I was at the NSWFFS meeting over 6 weeks ago where Carl Bisson presented the same information as at the MAS NSW meeting last Friday. Where we allowed every member to our meeting, un-like others.... To me it looks like the MAAA has had enough with the s**t fight that NSW is and the 3 disciplines, and there different interests etc, Yes ok we are all different but why fight with each other? counter-productive?? Free Flight has no intentions of ruling the world! with our limited resources, but WE have a State field funded by a very generous member and his family, Adrian Bryant.
This current situation compiles as MAS NSW has NOT nominated a representative in supporting NSWFFS in hosting the 69th MAAA Nationals next year in April.
So If you would like to compete at next years Nationals I suggest that you contact your special interest group to organise support for your event! The dates for next years Nats as Voted on at the MAAA council conference is April 16th till 23rd 2016. Hope to see you there! Matt
I fly F.A.I is offline Find More Posts by I fly F.A.I
Old Aug 24, 2015, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by Flightrisk40
Cynicism with a hint of wisdom
Joined Apr 2015
306 Posts
Would someone be kind enough to clarify a few things for me?

I understand that the NSW situation was untidy. Three organisations who all want to be heard due to a split a long time ago was less than ideal and I can understand why the MAAA wanted to tidy it all up.

But what happens to these organisations now? Do they continue on as before, with the only change being that now MAS/MAAA no longer consider their views as worthy? Or was their ability to seek national representation the backbone of the organisation? And now that has been removed they will fold.

And what happens to MAS and the other state organisations when MAAA go federal? Do they continue as a state wide club or do they immediately disappear on the MAAAs instruction?

Is this a case of the MAAA sticking their fingers in their ears and going "nananana we cant hear you" to MAS, NSWFFS etc?

Or is it a case of the omnipotent MAAA wiping these organisation from the face of the planet with a single stroke of the pen?

Its also odd that the MAAA are moving towards a federal system very like the AMAS. Maybe soon we will see the MAAA inviting us all to their AGM and claiming they invented the idea.
Flightrisk40 is offline Find More Posts by Flightrisk40
Old Aug 27, 2015, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by Ritz
Joined Sep 2010
110 Posts
My questions are; how could this be legally possible? They are all separate associations & their membership are the clubs who have elected the committees. So how is it possible that another association(MAAA) can replace them? What happens to all the assets of the separate state associations? I would have thought that it was up to the members (clubs) to decide.
Ritz is offline Find More Posts by Ritz
Old Aug 27, 2015, 07:50 PM
Joined Apr 2015
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
My questions are; how could this be legally possible? They are all separate associations & their membership are the clubs who have elected the committees. So how is it possible that another association(MAAA) can replace them? What happens to all the assets of the separate state associations? I would have thought that it was up to the members (clubs) to decide.
I would have thought that too. A club is a club and even the omnipotent MAAA cant erase it from existence. What I think is going on is - the MAAA previously gave each club a vote in MAAA policy, and now they do not.

The MAAA are choosing not to consider the views of their own members.

Any members who think this is unfair should bring it up at the next AGM. Oh no. Hold on. You cant. Your not allowed.

In that case report it to your club president, who might, if he can be bothered, relay the concern to MAS. Who then, may, if they have time and nothing else more important doesn't take up their time, report it to the MAAA to be brought up at the next meeting. Then, maybe, if your lucky, and he remembers, the MAAA committee will get the chance to ignore your concerns at a later date.

And anyone who thinks this system of bringing your concerns to the MAAA is not good enough and should be changed can report it to your club president, who might, if he can be bothered...............
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:04 PM
I'd rather be Rallying
Australia, NSW, Hampton
Joined Nov 2006
2,236 Posts
I think you're a little off there Flightrisk.

You should go to one of the Aeromodellers NSW meetings and see what really goes on.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:35 AM
Joined Apr 2015
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Toyman View Post
I think you're a little off there Flightrisk.
Fair enough

Why cant someone tell us here what goes on. So we all can learn.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 03:26 AM
I'd rather be Rallying
Australia, NSW, Hampton
Joined Nov 2006
2,236 Posts
I'm sure your Club will be passing on the message from Aeromodellers NSW in the not too distant future.

You could also email the MAAA Vice President and ask him to explain why someone from Victoria is going to be in charge of NSW?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 04:08 AM
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Its been a couple of weeks now since the declaration at the meeting from the MAAA.
Has anyone seen anything from the MAAA or any of the now defunct NSW organisations? informing the 2000 NSW. members what is going on.
If you do not read RCG. or went to the meeting how are the NSW members to know?
The 2000 members own the state flying field and the cash in the bank of the three organisations. What and how is that going to be worked out?.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 04:41 AM
Find More Posts by Stehl
Bogan of distinction
Newcastle Australia
Joined Oct 2008
1,859 Posts
This went out to clubs yesterday.

Email Bulletin Fifteen 2015-2016

Important Message from the President of Aeromodellers NSW

Dear Clubs and members

It has taken some time to digest the presentation by Mr. Carl Bizon (Vice President of MAAA) that formed part of our monthly meeting on Friday the 14th August at our usual venue, Dooley’s Waterview Club in Silverwater.

The meeting was attended by 40 people representing clubs across NSW.

The purpose of Carl’s presentation was to explain the latest decision from the MAAA on the unification of NSW under one body. This was the first time the plan by the MAAA was presented to NSW clubs and the Aeromodellers NSW Executive. We previously understood that the intention was merely to unify the existing three bodies – Free Flight, Control Line and Radio.

Carl advised that at the end of the current financial year, 30 June 2016, Aeromodellers NSW will not be recognised by MAAA as the representative of NSW Clubs, nor will Free Flight or Control Line. It was quite clear that the MAAA has already made this decision, without consultation.

The MAAA intends that Carl Bizon will head up a new incorporated body that will manage the activities that each of us presently accomplish in our respective committees; but other than himself, Carl did not say by whom or how.

Even though I am on the MAAA Council, as are the Free Flight and CLAS Presidents, we were unaware of (blindsided by) the decision to impose a 4th body on NSW, a body that will be run by Carl Bizon, from Melbourne, assisted by a team that he will select.

We, the current organisation are to have no opportunity to be involved in the creation of this new body’s constitution, a body that Carl Bizon will retain control of for the following two years.

Carl could not say what the name of the new organisation is to be but was adamant that it will not be Aeromodellers NSW. For the purpose of calling it something, he put forward a name synonymous with the past, MAA NSW.

Carl also advised that the MAAA intends in time to move to a federalised model. He noted that NT, WA and TAS are ready now to move to a federalised model in which the MAAA will control all activities across Australia without representation by state bodies. He stated that Victoria is also looking at moving to a federalised model, leaving only NSW, SA and Queensland indicating continuing support for state representation.

There is much to consider, and rather than jumping to any conclusions I ask for your patience whilst we explore the full ramifications of these proposed changes.

As in the past, I will continue to be transparent and communicate our findings and any further developments. Be assured, we are working diligently to ensure that the sport of Aeromodelling continues to strengthen rather than becoming depleted and fragmented.

Bob Carpenter
President Aeromodellers NSW Inc.
Stehl is offline Find More Posts by Stehl