Ikon and Castle External GOV Setup
I talked to a buddy of mine Alex Rose who is very knowledgable with the Ikon FBL setup... He shared the instructions below...
Thanks very much Alex...
Here's the basic procedure:
1) Note that for all my castle controllers, I have the same value (assuming autorotation in the ESC is disabled. 1073 min, 1960 max)
2) Set the min throttle to 1560, max throttle to 1560
3) To set the high end point, set speed 3 to 5000 (or some high value the motor will never reach). Flick out of hold and begin to increase max. The ESC will eventually beep.
4) Flick into hold, and slowly decrease the min throttle until the ESC arms. Then add 5 more points.
5) The other method to find the max point is to spool up to "5000 RPM" and then work the max point up until you no longer hear the RPM increasing.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mini-HowTo||How to Setup the iKon FBL Unit||RC Dbutz||Electric Heli Talk||0||May 14, 2013 01:24 PM|
|Mini-HowTo||Basic Instructions for Castle VBAR external GOV Support||Clintstone||Castle Creations||0||Sep 17, 2012 05:27 PM|
|For Sale||Castle Crearions Phoenix 80 esc w/castle link & 10amp External BEC||Boomer33611||Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W)||1||Dec 18, 2010 10:48 PM|
|Discussion||Castle 35 and gov mode||rick0007||Electric Heli Talk||23||Dec 16, 2007 10:55 PM|
|Discussion||upgraded my castle creation esc now gov doesn't work right||jeff262||Mini Helis||4||Dec 12, 2006 10:00 AM|