New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by bmays
Team Armattan Tech
United States, VA, Sherando
Joined Mar 2010
1,035 Posts
Earthquake

Not familiar with the map of Taiwan. Hoping your not affected by this Chris and will pray for those who are. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35508475
bmays is online now Find More Posts by bmays
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 06:53 PM
Find More Posts by ShawnecJP
The Rookie
Japan, Kanagawa Prefecture, Kawasaki
Joined Mar 2015
1,586 Posts
Yes, I also heard that there was a sizable earthquake in southern Taiwan. I hope all is good Chris.
ShawnecJP is online now Find More Posts by ShawnecJP
Old Today, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by FunN4Lo
Free fall is not free
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Aug 2014
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieliep View Post
Hi,

The loc8tor helped me out several times. I've bought it after a 3 hours search for my quad on cold and wet sunday

Estimated real world range is anywhere between 30 and 80 meters depending on the conditions. In tall grass it is very convenient. But you do need a rough estimate where your quad crashed.

I've used a GPS tracker once to systematically search an area with 30 meters spacing when it was to far out to see where it went down. The loc8ter was a big help in this search!
If you search YT, there is a guy that hooked his Loc8tor hand held device into a parabolic antenna. IIRC he was able to get a signal from 5 or 6 kilometers. I thought about trying that with an old satellite dish, but decided on the 433MHz beacon route instead. But for someone that already has a Loc8tor, might be an interesting project
FunN4Lo is online now Find More Posts by FunN4Lo
Old Today, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by FunN4Lo
Free fall is not free
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Aug 2014
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekyguy View Post
All this talk about 3D parts :-). What do you guys think about $5 plus shipping for small parts and maybe $10 plus shipping for larger parts? Shipping USPS first class will be like $2.74 to most places in the states for these things. If you want a part, email us at sales at rccrazed.com with the link to the 3D part stl file or attach the STL. Until we load up the STL for them we won't know if it falls in to the $5 or $10 category. It all comes down to infill % and overall print time and material really. Things like the F1 front frame bumper, arm guards, and such will be the $5 range, or maybe just a kit with the bumper and 4 arm guards for $10. Do these prices seem reasonable guys? We can print up to 150mm x 150mm x 150mm and currently have Blue ABS. I think for crash parts like we are talking about ABS is the most durable. What other colors would you like to see?
I'd be in for that. I will be blinging when I finish building. I would rather buy from someone already supporting us than a random nobody. Add some pages to your site for the print things, so the things are easy to locate. I'll be looking for yellow and purple. I need the LSU look for my neck of the woods
FunN4Lo is online now Find More Posts by FunN4Lo
Old Today, 07:06 PM
Find More Posts by rotceh_dnih
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
Australia, NSW, Wauchope
Joined Nov 2013
810 Posts
Best wishes to Chris and the family hope there safe !
rotceh_dnih is online now Find More Posts by rotceh_dnih
Old Today, 07:13 PM
Find More Posts by Mischief Managed
Team Armattan (Michel)
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2014
911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotceh_dnih View Post
Best wishes to Chris and the family hope there safe !
+1

Made me google Taiwan news with that
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/taiwan-...psed-1.3436290
Mischief Managed is online now Find More Posts by Mischief Managed