HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM
Joined Sep 2014
24 Posts
Question
Questions regarding channels in 2,4 GHz spectrum. Interference with WiFi

I read the Spektrum DX6i is not using real frequency hopping.
It is using 2 channels from the channels 1-37 out of 83.
Apparently they are not changed till next switch off.

Could you tell me which frequency this is? Channels 1-37?
WiFi is on the same frequency.
Is it possible to get the DX6i out of the noise from a WiFi by choosing another WiFi channel, a higher one?

Could you tell me how the channels of 83 are connected to the WiFi channels 1-14?
k0lt0 is online now Find More Posts by k0lt0
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,746 Posts
If it's a DSM2 version, it picks two "open channels" and they are likely to be different each time.

DSMX versions hop. (Early DX6is were DSM2 only but can (or could?) be updated to DSMX.)

Both protocols are also direct sequence spread spectrum so they tend to get along well with other stuff. We routinely run both DSM2 and DSMX in environments with wi-fi.
Dave H. is online now Find More Posts by Dave H.