HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2014, 08:45 PM
last of the sixties kids..
New Zealand, Northland, Whangarei
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
Help!
Devo 10 and HiSKY NRF24L01

I recently received this DEVO-Transmitter-Tuner-Modified-For-FBL80-FBL100-WLtoys-V922 and in true Banggood style the wiring they show bears no resemblence to the item you get. So I was hoping one of you guys would be able to help me out here with what I need to do in regards to wiring it into my Deviated Devo 10

My NRF24L01 module
Name: NRF24L01b.jpg
Views: 37
Size: 147.9 KB
Description:

Name: NRF24L01a.jpg
Views: 41
Size: 97.5 KB
Description:
Cannafish is offline Find More Posts by Cannafish
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2014, 10:24 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,504 Posts
This is what I use, easy peasy. Sorry can't remember where I found the pic, credits not mine.
joeclone is offline Find More Posts by joeclone
Old Jul 06, 2014, 02:38 AM
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclone View Post
This is what I use, easy peasy. Sorry can't remember where I found the pic, credits not mine.
That is absolutely what I wanted Thanks for that

Thanks to Daryoon too - where the pic came from
Last edited by Cannafish; Jul 06, 2014 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Thanks added to Daryoon
Old Jul 06, 2014, 03:06 AM
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
Double post :-(
Old Jul 06, 2014, 09:07 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,504 Posts
Only the pic on the left is from Daryoon, not sure who put the big pic together.
joeclone is offline Find More Posts by joeclone
Old Jul 06, 2014, 04:11 PM
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
897 Posts
There are more pics of the Devo 10 with the NRF24L01 over here with more details as a "Dummies Guide" also:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1330

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is offline Find More Posts by Florida Heli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2014, 08:22 PM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclone View Post
Only the pic on the left is from Daryoon, not sure who put the big pic together.
I took Daryoon's picture, plus another of the Devo 10 that I found on the Deviation threads then added the colour coding so they matched, and put them side by side. I'm sure all involved are happy that the info is proving useful!

Good writeup FloridaHeli. Interested to see you mounted your NRF module across the bottom as well. When I first modded the Devo, I tried to get the antennas vertical (installed a Flysky A7105 as well) but it was too tight and I damaged the FS module screwing the Devo back together. There's not a lot of spare room for 2 extra modules....

Have been waiting since mid May for a Tx Lipo from HK. Must be the slowest slowboat ever!
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Old Jul 07, 2014, 12:43 AM
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Heli View Post
There are more pics of the Devo 10 with the NRF24L01 over here with more details as a "Dummies Guide" also:

-Florida Heli-
Nice one FH
That has saved me a heap of time and worry, many thanks indeed. I may attempt this tonight.

Thanks a bunch for your help here guys. There is a wealth of info here.
Old Jul 07, 2014, 03:23 AM
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
4,832 Posts
And for the most "braves" .... think about the multi-module .....

Tutorial on Universal Multi-Module building for DeviationTX (53 min 1 sec)
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Old Jul 07, 2014, 08:06 PM
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy View Post
And for the most "braves" .... think about the multi-module .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuOSW4qO2k0
Yeah, I've been looking at that ... I'm just now learning to program what I have though. I'm fiddling with advanced mixers in Deviation right now. I need to spend more time flying and less time researching and typing I think.

-Florida Heli-
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2014, 01:30 AM
no borken corters allowed here
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Jul 2013
173 Posts
I have at present, a FS-TH9X that I screwed up trying to flash ER9X onto and I have been looking at these Devo TX's. I was thinking Devo 7E but the Devo 10 looks even better, and by reading this thread, looks easy to add modules to. I fly mostly Flysky birds but want Flysky, Hisky, and the new WL toys protocol. This TX looks like it can handle all of them with the 2 modules added to it.
rontech420 is offline Find More Posts by rontech420
Old Jul 08, 2014, 01:44 AM
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontech420 View Post
I was thinking Devo 7E but the Devo 10 looks even better, and by reading this thread, looks easy to add modules to. I fly mostly Flysky birds but want Flysky, Hisky, and the new WL toys protocol. This TX looks like it can handle all of them with the 2 modules added to it.
For now one module is all I need, but adding two makes it fly a whole lot of things.

I had the 7e vs. 10 discussion with another member recently, and the 7e is great I think for people who are OK with the smaller size. I prefer a full size TX like the 10, and with me installing a module I definitely appreciate the larger space inside. The only real complaints with the 10 are the weight with 8 AA batteries and the fact that it has so many switches on it. The weight can partially be addressed with a LiFePo battery and charger I guess, and since it has 10 channels it needs all of those switches to control all of those channels. So be it. Weight, extra switches, and all I prefer the Devo 10. When I win the lottery I'll get one of the Devo TX with color touch screens. For now it's B+W and buttons for me.

I don't fly corters with borken blades!

-Florida Heli-
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2014, 05:31 PM
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
Quote:

-Florida Heli-
Ok I've managed to solder wires onto the connections in, apparently, the correct order. I have loaded a file on for HCP100/V922. But next to the *HiSKY isn't BIND it is Re-Init??? What's going on here? Any help here would be appreciated. I have checked Devo still works and flown my nCPx and mCPx BL with it.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 06:08 PM
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannafish View Post
Ok I've managed to solder wires onto the connections in, apparently, the correct order. I have loaded a file on for HCP100/V922. But next to the *HiSKY isn't BIND it is Re-Init??? What's going on here? Any help here would be appreciated. I have checked Devo still works and flown my nCPx and mCPx BL with it.
When mine showed the asterisk, it meant the module was not enabled and thus the protocol had an asterisk indicating that it could not be used. Have you flashed the firmware and then edited the configuration files on the TX (using Notepad++)?

-Florida Heli-
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Florida Heli; Jul 12, 2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 06:18 PM
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
Quote:
When mine showed the asterisk, it meant the protocol was not enabled. Have you flashed the firmware and then edited the configuration files on the TX (using Notepad++)?

-Florida Heli-
I'm not sure what you mean in regards to 'flash the firmware'? Everything else I have done. Thanks for your help so far FH. I'm sure I'm close to getting it working...