HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2014, 08:08 PM
Joined Mar 2014
34 Posts
Discussion
Super Cub prop change recommendations

I was wanting to find out what is the best prop for my Super Cub to make it a slow flyer at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. I have read many great threads on here about size and pitch,and I am aware of the limitations of the stock motor and esc. I am guessing I need a larger prop,but how big can the stock plane handle and what pitch to use? I now have a Master Airscrew 9x6 and it only seems effective at a higher throttle rate. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Chinthing is offline Find More Posts by Chinthing
Last edited by Chinthing; Mar 23, 2014 at 09:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2014, 09:21 PM
The "pro" in procrastination
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Mar 2004
2,752 Posts
Chinthing,

Welcome to RC Groups! Unfortunately, you've asked your question in the wrong place and you haven't given enough information about your model for anyone to be able to give you an answer. If you can tell me who makes your Cub (is it a kit, an ARF or your own design), how big it is, how heavy it is, what motor it's using and what size battery you're using, I might be able to point you to the right place for you to get some answers.

Steve
Steve85 is offline Find More Posts by Steve85
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:31 PM
Joined Mar 2014
34 Posts
Thanks,Steve...it's a Hobbyzone Super Cub,and I have since asked a similar question in the 'beginner' category and got some great responses...hopefully I'll learn my way around here soon.
Chinthing is offline Find More Posts by Chinthing
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:45 PM
The "pro" in procrastination
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Mar 2004
2,752 Posts
No problems. Check out the Scale ARF/RTF forum here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/scale-arf-rtf-10/

Somebody up there should be able to give you lots of good suggestions. Good luck!

Steve
Steve85 is offline Find More Posts by Steve85