RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:52 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Little devil on my shoulder made me do it...

I know it's a little of topic, but anyone have instructions on how to adjust the carburetor on my 1971 Dodge Sportsman

Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:54 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
I know it's a little of topic, but anyone have instructions on how to adjust the carburetor on my 1971 Dodge Sportsman
Adjust how? What are you trying to achieve???
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:02 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
I was just being a smarty pants regarding this post... that' all...

Man I've been away from this thread for a few days and I have to weed through a bunch of nonsense and way off topic crap only to find out that now we're talking about radios and other heli's? I remember when this thread first got started and was really informative and helpful, seems to have gone the way a lot of other threads go when people get bored....kinda sad.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:13 PM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
lol oops...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:45 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
LMAO... In hindsight I wish I owned one... make for a great mobile hanger I could keep all my planes in there and just drive to the flying field and decide what to fly once I got there, rather than deciding what to put in the car before I go
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:54 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,807 Posts
I can fit my Pete n Poke .40, Spacewalker .10, Polaris, UM Corsair and MSR or Nano CPX in my 91 Jetta at the same time . MAYBE room for one more smallish plane.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:14 AM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Wrong thread, but I see several here using DX7S for Heli flying. Anyone know off hand the extras that come on the DX7S vs a DX7. Mine is 2.5 yrs old looking to replace this spring, maybe at Toledo Show.

Does the DX7S have Throttle Curves on the Airplane side too? Is the DX7S a step Up from the DX7 or a tad lower in features, like an Econ Version? At $374 it's hard to believe it is lower than a DX7.
The DX7s is neither an upgrade, nor a downgrade from the DX7. Its basically a replacement, though more accurately its a downgrade from the DX8.

It has some features that are better than the DX7, and the DX7 has some features that are better than the DX7s. Remember, the DX7 was spektrums flagship radio for a long time.... I wouldn't dream of going from my DX7 to a DX7s. The only thing it has over the DX7 I would use is the throttle activated timer. When I upgrade my DX7, it will be to a DX8.
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:15 AM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Well If that was the case I would always be running my planes in heli mode
why do you need throttle/pitch curves on an airplane?
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:29 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
Throttle and pitch, variable pitch prop of course I am still waiting for that to be added to my dx18 Acro programming as my manual promises...

Though I dont want/need the pitch for most airplanes. I do like to have a throttle curve though, so I have smooth action or more power in a specific range or just simply to make the throttle feel more linear. Most of my planes are scratchbuilt powerhouse's
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:07 AM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
On one electric glider I use them to control airbrake off the bottom part of the throttle travel, and power off the top part.
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:14 AM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Who runs aftermarket main blades? And what brand is recommended? I'm looking at Lynx, Microheli, and Fusuno. Is there any more???
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:54 AM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
Lynx blades fly good but crack easily. If your a good pilot that rarely crashes I would recommend but otherwise probably not. Did like the orange color for visibility. haven't tried others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
Who runs aftermarket main blades? And what brand is recommended? I'm looking at Lynx, Microheli, and Fusuno. Is there any more???
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:02 AM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
So what is the best brush less kit? I see there are basically 3 options, Asteroid kit, then another kit with white frame braces (not glued), and then the one which puts motor low and to the side (outrunner).

I see website topcopter sells programming stick, esc with program port soldered on and many other parts.

I'm using dx4e, so I need "fixed" governor setting from what I understand. Is the 3a or 10a esc better? I like that 10a has no soldering - wires already on with connectors. But can solder too, so whatever is best.

Don't plan on tail motor brush less for now at least.

Also I'm looking more towards the mild motor size, to allow running stock batteries.

Any advice appreciated.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:09 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Makes Hovering easier to control on 3D planes. We are running 2 to 1 power/weight at minimum. Have to tame the motors around 40% Throttle zone.

Kinda like a Nano on a Wild BL motor.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer