HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Jan 2011
87 Posts
Blade 130x.....A SMALL BEAST.......... (5 min 22 sec)

imagine 50 is offline Find More Posts by imagine 50
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:06 PM
http://gothelirc.com/
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
623 Posts
Hey guys,

I just want to let everyone know that we just got in stock a lot of upgrade from RKH Heli.

We are located in Arizona, First Class shipping is 2.30 and Priority mail is 5.95. However, through out December we will give free shipping for USA customers on these RKH upgrades. We ship same day if order place before 4pm AZ time.

http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplaycate...rts%2FUpgrades

Thanks all.
GotHeliRC is online now Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Jan 2011
87 Posts
Blade 130X.........THE SIMULATOR TO THE REAL THING...... (4 min 22 sec)

imagine 50 is offline Find More Posts by imagine 50
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:26 PM
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Joined Sep 2003
935 Posts
I am sure you guys know by now but the Microheli flange bearings are junk, my second set are toast. :-(

Thanks,

Gord.
gwong is offline Find More Posts by gwong
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:58 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwong View Post
I am sure you guys know by now but the Microheli flange bearings are junk, my second set are toast. :-(
Thanks,
Gord.
And their MH tail shaft is crazy soft. I bent mine on first crash. And was so surprised to be able to straighten it back with two fingers (one hand), just like another guy has told me.
I have never bent a stock tail shaft and can't bend them with my hands when I tried to do it.

DS35 SERVO QUESTION
Question to those who has done mod/conversion on the tail servo.
My stock linear tail servo has retired, just like they say, it will eventually trash the stock servo caused by the tail vib.
My tail has that minimal vibration, though not too bad (@ spool-up only). After countless flights, the stock servo had gone bad. The conductor plate on the board (I opened up the servo) has totally worn out (or GONE), @ the center portion, caused by vibration. So it's not a matter of cleaning, as there is nothing to clean anymore
So I decided to just convert it to DS35 as recommended here.
Now, the heli would either just spin CW or CCW. All gears are in good shape, I even tried new gears & checked them again.
I just don't understand that when a rudder input is applied, the heli will spin to that direction, tail does not stay or hold at all. I even held the heli and run it. It spins either full clockwise or full counter-clockwise whenever I touch the rudder stick.
I can't take off the ground, due to this crazy tail rotation

Thanks...
- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Dec 02, 2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:07 AM
Joined Dec 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
And their MH tail shaft is crazy soft. I bent mine on first crash. And was so surprised to be able to straighten it back with two fingers (one hand), just like another guy has told me.
I have never bent a stock tail shaft and can't bend them with my hands when I tried to do it.

DS35 SERVO QUESTION
Question to those who has done mod/conversion on the tail servo.
My stock linear tail servo has retired, just like they say, it will eventually trash the stock servo caused by the tail vib.
My tail has that minimal vibration, though not too bad (@ spool-up only). After countless flights, the stock servo had gone bad. The conductor plate on the board (I opened up the servo) has totally worn out (or GONE), @ the center portion, caused by vibration. So it's not a matter of cleaning, as there is nothing to clean anymore
So I decided to just convert it to DS35 as recommended here.
Now, the heli would either just spin CW or CCW. All gears are in good shape, I even tried new gears & checked them again.
I just don't understand that when a rudder input is applied, the heli will spin to that direction, tail does not stay or hold at all. I even held the heli and run it. It spins either full clockwise or full counter-clockwise whenever I touch the rudder stick.

Thanks...
- Spyro
Nice setup. Canopy customised? Sounds like your gyro and tail servo not working together. Waiting for my new tail servo to arrive and I will probably replace the tail with a RKH setup and see if the vibes get better. Hope the shaft tougher than MH...
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:42 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwong View Post

Thanks,

Gord.
I suggest trying the Bocas. Mine are still slop-free after 25+ hours of flight-time. Of course, I also carefully balanced the rotating assy.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:40 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
I suggest trying the Bocas. Mine are still slop-free after 25+ hours of flight-time. Of course, I also carefully balanced the rotating assy.

Joel
@turboparker

There are three kinds of Boca bearing, what did you use? Did you install all 12?
Did it make the 130 quieter? My new one makes a lot of noise.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:10 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
@turboparker

There are three kinds of Boca bearing, what did you use? Did you install all 12?
Did it make the 130 quieter? My new one makes a lot of noise.
I'm only using a pair of SMF681X-ZZ flanged tail-case bearings, as the factory bearings had an inordinate amount of radial play. The others are still fine, so I have no reason to change them at this point. Regarding noise - mine is about as noisy as I'd expect it to be, given the shaft-drive tail. Did you check for vibrations in the main & tail rotor assemblies and dynamically balance each of them, as needed? Also, be sure to check the A-B & C-D gear-lash.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:55 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
I'm only using a pair of SMF681X-ZZ flanged tail-case bearings, as the factory bearings had an inordinate amount of radial play. The others are still fine, so I have no reason to change them at this point. Regarding noise - mine is about as noisy as I'd expect it to be, given the shaft-drive tail. Did you check for vibrations in the main & tail rotor assemblies and dynamically balance each of them, as needed? Also, be sure to check the A-B & C-D gear-lash.

Joel
I have done the tail but have not blanced the main shaft. I am going to break it down to clean hair out of the tail and I will check the main balance. How do you check if the feather shaft is square?

I see the SMF681X-ZZ bearings are $12.95 each so I think I'll get the complete set.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deonjams View Post
Nice setup. Canopy customised? Sounds like your gyro and tail servo not working together. Waiting for my new tail servo to arrive and I will probably replace the tail with a RKH setup and see if the vibes get better. Hope the shaft tougher than MH...
My Canopy is direct from the manufacturer so I get my name printed for free.
OTHERWISE HERE ARE THE CANOPIES:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html;jsess...no+130x&_rdc=1

I have tried 3 different digital servos and they all did the same thing.
- http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...FSXZQgodGiAAzw
- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10965
- http://www.helipal.com/hm-v120d02s-z...FWlxQgod8DwAXg

I just gave up and now back to same as stock tail servo.
My heli is now back in the air.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Dec 02, 2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:21 PM
United States, CA, Menlo Park
Joined Nov 2005
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
DS35 SERVO QUESTION

Thanks...
- Spyro
I'm still using the stock tail servo. However, the behavior you describe sounds like the gyro isn't compensating in the correct direction. Have you checked this? That is, when you rotate the heli nose left and right, is the gyro adjusting the tail pitch to counter the rotation? If not, you may have to flip the servo arm 180 degrees around.
ifoguy is online now Find More Posts by ifoguy
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:57 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifoguy View Post
I'm still using the stock tail servo. However, the behavior you describe sounds like the gyro isn't compensating in the correct direction. Have you checked this? That is, when you rotate the heli nose left and right, is the gyro adjusting the tail pitch to counter the rotation? If not, you may have to flip the servo arm 180 degrees around.
You might be right on that. I remember rotating the nose, but the gyro is not "fighting" the rotation that I'm doing at all.

A. The tail is responding to correctly with my rudder stick movement though. Does it matter?
B. Rather than flipping the servo 180, can the gyro be just adjusted on the Tx's reverse setting? Maybe not, manual says gyro is inhibited (?) that's why gyro adjustments on this heli is done with the Tx sticks (beeps & lights).
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:30 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
I have done the tail but have not blanced the main shaft. I am going to break it down to clean hair out of the tail and I will check the main balance. How do you check if the feather shaft is square?

I see the SMF681X-ZZ bearings are $12.95 each so I think I'll get the complete set.
Are you talking about the feathering shaft or the tail shaft? Use a straight-edge to see if the tailshaft is square. To check the straightness of the feathering shaft, remove one blade & rotate the FS clockwise while watching the tip of the other blade. If it gyrates, the FS is bent.

Regarding the bearings - yeah, might as well go for the full set. Boca didn't have that option back when I bought my tail-shaft bearings. If the full set would have been available, I'd have gone that route.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:43 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,494 Posts
Another new Blade heli I will probably have to buy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Yv-t8hFouuU
jhroof is online now Find More Posts by jhroof