HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:41 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
United Kingdom, England, Haywards Heath
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
Discussion
Best balance charger?

I will mostly be charging 11.1 volts with maybe 800-1300 mah batteries for the honey bee v2

can you recomment any that charges more than one battery? my budget is 40 pounds (64 dollars)
felixthemaster is offline Find More Posts by felixthemaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:49 PM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
withing your budget..

the Turnigy:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cessories.html

power supply:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11758

to charge more than one at a time:

not in the budget
Cable Guy is offline Find More Posts by Cable Guy
Last edited by Cable Guy; Nov 11, 2011 at 06:55 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:58 PM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
as far as the best reguardless of price,they are more than the cost of a brand name heli and the batteries...(maybe even a good radio too).
Old Nov 11, 2011, 07:02 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
Thanks, but i was wondering why people buy these chargers?

When i got the hbv2, i got the charger with it. Can't I use that instead of investing in a good charger? or do people buy it because helis like the t-rex dont come with chargers.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 07:44 PM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
people buy them because:

only RTF helis come with them

they want consistant charging results as well as the ability to log charge numbers and the ability do discharge. it is also convenient to have 1 machine that will charge any battery you have as opposed to 10 chargers for different models. this is also one of the reasons we opt for a computer radio with 10 model memory.

i personally use this:

http://www.electrifly.com/promos/l-gpmm3155/index.html

wish i had that coupon when i bought it..
Last edited by Cable Guy; Nov 11, 2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 11, 2011, 07:46 PM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
specifically this:

http://www.electrifly.com/chargers/gpmm3155.html
Old Nov 11, 2011, 08:09 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,697 Posts
I don't trust dangerous lips with those cheap chargers, plus they are too slow. I have a Thunder AC6 charger that charges everything. My lipos, Nimh, and even old NiCads for my cars, and anything else I can get or make an adaptor for.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:04 AM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
but i need to go to the shop to show the coupons! i dont have any shoips near here. and yea, ill try to save up for a thunder. everyone seems to recommend it to me
Old Nov 12, 2011, 08:03 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
+1 on the Accucell 6.... price is right, too.
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Nov 12, 2011, 08:53 AM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
charger wire is out of stock so i ordered the charger on ebay but i cant find the right power supply
Old Nov 12, 2011, 08:56 AM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
actually, it is 2x cheaper on hobby king but i am scared because they have a bad reputation. what shud i do?
Old Nov 12, 2011, 09:06 AM
Joined Jan 2011
409 Posts
Research Parallel Charging

I'd love to get a setup like this eventually.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NczQw...802E91DC64C3B0

This guy charges 6 batteries in under an hour with an I- 206 B charger, which Hobby King sells as well. This is a 20 amp charger he is using, not many chargers have that much charging power and he has it set at 20 amps to do this charge. He didn't say the total mahs he was charging but 6 - 2200 mahs for example would equal 13,200 total mahs / 1000 = 13.2 amp to set your charge rate on the charger, to charge at a rate of 1C. It would take double the amps, 26.4 to charge at 2C. This charger maxes out at 20 amps and can not charge 6 - 2200 mah batteries at a rate of 2C. It would be more like 1.5C which would charge the packs in less than an hour which is smoking fast compared to what I have now. It takes me 1.5 hours to charge 2 - 2200 lipos with a stock Blade SR charger and an equivalent Turnigy charger.

The Turnigy Accucel 7 amp charger would parallel charge 6 - 1300 mah batteries at a little less than 1C charging rate which is fine.
Some one said you could parallel charge 50 lipos on one charger it just might take a couple 2 or 3 days. LOL!
6 x 1300 mah = 7800 mahs, 7800mah / 1000 = 7.8 amps to set the charger on. The Turnigy Accucel maxes out at 7 so it just barely misses being able to charge 6 1300 mah batteries at 1C

One of the biggest frustrations for the new RCist is waiting on batteries to charge.
Bladecpnitro is offline Find More Posts by Bladecpnitro
Old Nov 12, 2011, 09:13 AM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
:o

6 batts in an hour? NICE!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 09:50 AM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
I also currently use an AC6 it works fine, but Im still saving up to get a better charger.

On Hobby King they also are OK,I just follow a few simple rules when buying directly from China: dont buy anything that if breaks you will want to return (just throw it away and forget about it) too much hassle. And always use EMS shipping, just consider it part of the price of the Item, and if you can get it cheaper elsewhere ( than the total price of the Item + EMS shipping) then get it elsewhere.

Its hard to tell you where to go to get a charger being were in the US. In the UK...mMMMMmm....go back over to HF and ask the guys from the UK (Bugster, O.D., Luke, Keith, etc.) they can probably tell you where local to get it....or how well HK performs "over the pond".
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:24 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,478 Posts
One of the best chargers in the market is FMA direct, but $$$$

Accucell6 Looks great charges great, but some left with bad IC's mine included. Traced it all the way back to the Inter-graded Chip. With lots of people describing the same issue as mine. So take your chances.

HK eco 6-10 Has held up good so far.

Align 4cell AC-DC good basic charger but only charges with no info. Will charge 2 two cell packs at once without a adapter.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member