to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2014, 07:59 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround View Post
^^ Agreed. If my Visionaire flew like the simulated one, I would have sold it long ago. Not true, I would have spun it in and destroyed it on the first harrier I tried ...
Harriers are incredibly easy with the visionaire. In the sim, everything is insanely hard.

If you yank the elevator, it does a full tumble at any speed.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Aug 29, 2014, 02:39 PM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,493 Posts
I had phoenix 5 but i changed my laptop so now i need to download it all over again.....

Anyway,I am currently now using phoenix 4 and i could never activate smoke which is driving me nuts,only thing i can get is smoke on the nitro plane (shruiken) and can't toggle it on or off it seems to be just engine smoke.

I presume there is smoke activation at the flick of a switch!? If so would someone be kind enough to guide me how to.

I seen in model set up,you got the simple and detailed set up there,I seen the smoke settings there colour etc but it still don't active or show you how to....
I read someplace else that F7 activates it but it don't!

Just about to give up on smoke lol
flightpunch34 is offline Find More Posts by flightpunch34
Old Aug 29, 2014, 03:14 PM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightpunch34 View Post
I had phoenix 5 but i changed my laptop so now i need to download it all over again.....

Anyway,I am currently now using phoenix 4 and i could never activate smoke which is driving me nuts,only thing i can get is smoke on the nitro plane (shruiken) and can't toggle it on or off it seems to be just engine smoke.

I presume there is smoke activation at the flick of a switch!? If so would someone be kind enough to guide me how to.

I seen in model set up,you got the simple and detailed set up there,I seen the smoke settings there colour etc but it still don't active or show you how to....
I read someplace else that F7 activates it but it don't!

Just about to give up on smoke lol
It is number 7.
Electromagnetic is offline Find More Posts by Electromagnetic
Old Aug 29, 2014, 03:24 PM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,493 Posts
I did try that also and it didn't work.......I don't think there is smoke in phoenix 4
flightpunch34 is offline Find More Posts by flightpunch34
Old Sep 01, 2014, 12:50 PM
rt
Tarzana, CA, USA
Joined Sep 2000
122 Posts
Hi, I have a question regarding using a different radio with Phoenix 5. I plan on getting a Spektrum DX6i with the package but my kids want to learn and I was hoping to use a different radio so they don't trash the Spektrum. I have an old 72 MHz Hitec Focus 4. Can I use an adapter and get it to work? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RT
rt is offline Find More Posts by rt
Old Sep 02, 2014, 05:49 PM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,873 Posts
ExperiMentally Challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electromagnetic View Post
Flying on Phoenix now. Come join us!
Another session on now!
Electromagnetic is offline Find More Posts by Electromagnetic
Old Sep 25, 2014, 06:44 PM
Joined Aug 2011
261 Posts
I was hoping to check back in here and see dozens of posts raving about how Phoenix had finally fixed all the glitches in V5. It appears that might not have happened, so I'm still using V4.

With that said, can anyone recommend a bird in V4 that would be somewhat similar to the Eflite UMX Carbon Cub? I don't need flaps, so strike that from my criteria if there's a plane that otherwise fits.

It's fun goofing around with more exotic birds, but I also need to learn some new tricks with my CC (like inverted maneuvers, etc.).
teflon97239 is offline Find More Posts by teflon97239
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:25 AM
Chaos Theory Meets Dumb Thumbs
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Apr 2013
31 Posts
Tired of waiting...

I got so tired of waiting. I need something that I can do some 3D training/learning on, and this has turned out to not be it. I ordered this:
http://www.fsone.com/products/fs-one-v2/
And so far, I am happy with it. Still hoping they figure it out, waiting, I will do no more.
Ensign Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Ensign Crasher
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:01 PM
Joined Aug 2011
261 Posts
So what happened at Phoenix? Why make several features worse? Wouldn't it have been better to just leave everything alone? I don't get it.
teflon97239 is offline Find More Posts by teflon97239
Last edited by teflon97239; Sep 27, 2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM
Slovenia
Joined Nov 2011
66 Posts
Hey all. Will it work with : https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...r_Adapter.html

thanks
ventilator is offline Find More Posts by ventilator
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM
More Planes Than Sense
United States, PA, Wexford
Joined Feb 2010
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventilator View Post
Hey all. Will it work with : https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...r_Adapter.html

thanks
It likely won't. I think the software recognizes something in the cable to confirm that you are using their cable. (and bought the software)
wgarman is online now Find More Posts by wgarman
Old Today, 08:24 AM
Crash and crash!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2010
678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventilator View Post

thanks
Yes it works, I used a R615 receiver with this item to have wireless!
realbob is offline Find More Posts by realbob