HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2011, 07:12 PM
Nam AV8TR
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Nov 2005
156 Posts
Fly-In
Vegas Ace In The Hole X, Oct 7,8,&9 2011

Here we are again for the tenth anniversary of Vegas Ace In The Hole/ Superfly, founded by Greg Clemensen, AMA's District X AVP for the Vegas Area. For all of you that have attended this event previously this year will be better than ever, for those who haven't, it will be very worth it to come. Our web site is: www.vegasaceinthehole.com. Registration is just $25 for all three days.(the webb site is confusing). Vegas lodging and food prices are still cheap, cheap, cheap! The wx has always been mostly mild and cooler. (of course we had a few brief winds last year.) Greg Clemensen is the CD and Paul Schmitz is the chairman this year. I have some family commitments that have kept me from the planning stages but I WILL be there with the super sound system for all to enjoy. It is cd and ipod compatible so bring your own music if you'd like. We will play it! The TOC field has always been a favorite as it is all grass with asphalt runway. We will bring fantastic pizza in from that great Italian shop down the street as we did last year. PLEASE, PLEASE, COME !!!
Sugarbear36 is offline Find More Posts by Sugarbear36
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2011, 12:50 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
United States, CA, Barstow
Joined May 2007
2,359 Posts
Had a great time last year and here's a link to a few pictures taken then:

http://www.bakehead.com/Vegas_2.html

Looking forward to this year too!!

Hillbille
hillbille is online now Find More Posts by hillbille
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:52 AM
Nam AV8TR
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Nov 2005
156 Posts
vegas

Thanks Hillbillie.....looking forward to seeing you again. I am not in charge this year but will be there. Please bring that camera. Your shots from last year made the event complete!
Sugarbear36 is offline Find More Posts by Sugarbear36
Old Oct 03, 2011, 02:25 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,767 Posts
Only a few more days to go!

We'll be there with our All Alloy powered 90mm L-39, All Alloy 70mm Viperjet, and our 150mph MEGA/eflite powered Habu 32.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Oct 03, 2011, 09:58 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,966 Posts
Sugar bear ...better see what you can do about the weather . it is looking a little wet and windy .crazy weather this year for the month were in
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Oct 07, 2011, 12:54 PM
Mister Fear
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
254 Posts
I was about to head out there but its pretty windy where I live in the NW part of Vegas. Is anybody flying? I dont want to make a 44 mile round trip and not see any action.
Mr Pheer is offline Find More Posts by Mr Pheer
Old Oct 07, 2011, 04:30 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
I was about to head out there but its pretty windy where I live in the NW part of Vegas. Is anybody flying? I dont want to make a 44 mile round trip and not see any action.
I was going to head out around 11:30... wind blowing about 10 or so steady with gusts to 15 at my house near craig and the 15... having a few drinks instead

I hope tomorrow is better
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Oct 07, 2011, 06:27 PM
Mister Fear
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
254 Posts
I made the drive out there, the wind there actually wasnt too bad. Lots of planes were flying. Got to meet Air Sally and Corsair Nut and got some great pictures
Old Oct 07, 2011, 10:26 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Mar 2008
1,350 Posts
I'm going out in the morning, so I'm hoping for nice weather. My kites don't care for wind.
What time does it get started?
hammerd is offline Find More Posts by hammerd
Old Oct 08, 2011, 01:28 AM
Mister Fear
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
254 Posts
Pretty sure it starts at 8am.
Old Oct 09, 2011, 12:22 AM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,359 Posts
I just got home and started processing...

I took a few on Thursday and those are the ones I started with so I will post them as I get them processed and ready.

Hillbille
Old Oct 09, 2011, 09:03 AM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,359 Posts
Really cool event with a lot of really great flying and some truly fabulous models.
It is the friendliest flying model aircraft event I have ever attended! Tons of fun.

I just wish I had put on sun block earlier and more often! I also wish I would NOT have crashed my P-47. Which makes me also wish I had brought a pair of long pants and a long sleeve shirt to wear out in the "swamp" to look for it!! Here are a few more from Friday. I haven't even started to look at or let alone process the ones from Saturday. Most of them will end up on my website anyway so....

Hillbille

P.S. - The last three are my favorite TYPE of photography. Wish I could do more of it!! LOL!!
Last edited by hillbille; Oct 09, 2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2011, 01:45 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,359 Posts
Well I have made the first initial pass through Friday's photographs and I did a cursory sort of them into separate folders. I will wait a while and post some that I need help with ID's (planes and pilots).

Takes me a while to get the photo's organized and posted at my website as I hand make everything there. What I mean is that I do not use any automated software to handle the page creation or any of that sort of stuff. I do it the old fashioned way - crude but effective. So while it takes some time to do that I take breaks from THAT work and log on here to read, post and enjoy.

Mr. PHeer you took some really nice shots and i want to be one of the first to say THANKS!

Now for those that didn't get to go AND for those that did - here's three shots of Stacker's (boy I hope I spelled that right!! LOL!!) B-17 flying by!

Hillbille

Just to get things started - I know Andy (Falcon5) and Brent (CN) and Air Sally as well as John Morgan and Hans of course but I did not (as usual!! LOL!!) write ANYONE Else's name down and certainly can not remember who flew what - so... if you recognize a PLANE in my posts that I do NOT have a name associated with please let me know WHO is flying it!! LOL!!
Last edited by hillbille; Oct 09, 2011 at 01:52 PM.