Joined Jun 2003
1,848 Posts
quitcherbitchen

Well in the old brushed motors there were ware parts , some equipment
had oiler's , but with the newer brushless motors which can run for
thousand's of hours , the use maintenance free sealed bearnings
which are """"Lubricated for life """ the lub is sealed in the dirt which
can destroy a bearning is sealed out .

but as with everything in life I could be wrong , just ask my wife.
pulsery2k1 is offline Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:00 PM
Plane Fanatic
Australia, QLD, Gympie
Joined Jul 2007
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebl468 View Post
Was going to maiden today, however, she has a good pull to the left. I have read about the ESC's being out of sync, but one motor seems to be built tighter, I am guessing you cannot feel ESC timing in an unpowered motor. On the stand, I ran it up a few times and it seems like it it getting looser, but it could just be me. Any thoughts?
Did you set the ESC's to TX Throttle Range?
  1. Remove the Props for safety.
  2. Turn on your Transmitter
  3. Put the Throttle Stick to Max
  4. Plug in the LiPo and power up the Plane
  5. The ESC's will do the normal start tones but wait for a sec
  6. Then you will hear another set of tones
  7. Pull the TX Throttle back to Off
  8. ESC's will give another set of tones.
  9. Remove LiPo from the Plane

Both ESC's should now be synced to the TX throttle min/max.
DeathWarmedUp is offline Find More Posts by DeathWarmedUp
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:08 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,750 Posts
And, just in case you're not tired of me posting photos, here are my two Dynam C-47s. One an ex Navy R4D turned Army transport the other an ex Army transport turned corporate flying business car.

Jim
WVrailfan is online now Find More Posts by WVrailfan
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:21 PM
Plane Fanatic
Australia, QLD, Gympie
Joined Jul 2007
855 Posts
Mate, I for one, never get sick of looking at Planes

Nice ones!!
DeathWarmedUp is offline Find More Posts by DeathWarmedUp
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:37 PM
Cold Lake, Alberta
Joined May 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWarmedUp View Post
Did you set the ESC's to TX Throttle Range?
  1. Remove the Props for safety.
  2. Turn on your Transmitter
  3. Put the Throttle Stick to Max
  4. Plug in the LiPo and power up the Plane
  5. The ESC's will do the normal start tones but wait for a sec
  6. Then you will hear another set of tones
  7. Pull the TX Throttle back to Off
  8. ESC's will give another set of tones.
  9. Remove LiPo from the Plane

Both ESC's should now be synced to the TX throttle min/max.
I think it is a case of a tight motor, but I will throttle range them as it definitely cannot hurt. Thanks for showing me how it is done.

Chris
lebl468 is online now Find More Posts by lebl468
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Feb 2010
1,690 Posts
Creeping my way closer to the maiden. Its been about a month and half since I received this plane. Just haven't had time. defiantly did the steerable tail wheel. Few more things need to be done.

Huge dent that I was really upset with. filled in with light Spackle.

After.
Thinking of filling in the whole compartment and modifying the batt hatch to the bottom as I saw someone on here do. maybe down the line.

3in dubro wheels. working on the wiring still.
Doushiyou12 is online now Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:22 PM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
retracts - remember Nov 10, 2010 ?

Hi guys,

in late 2010 (Nov.10 to be exact) i developed a retract system for the dynam DC-3 using original parts and 3d-printed moving parts.

i now found a possible way for you to get a reliable and extremely strong retract mechanism for your dynam DC-3.
i just added my youtube-video of the testing:

Dynam Skybus DC-3 Fahrwerkstest Retracts Test (3 min 36 sec)

and this is the original post (i changed my rcg-alias cause i now wanted to use my real name):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=924

So this is the link to a company in the US printing models for everyone at fairly reasonable prices. It is still pricy but maybe someone could make moulds and replicate some parts.
this is the link to the parts:
http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=dynam+skybus

Operation:

The main carrier sits in the original dynam main support baseplate. Glued to a 3mm carbon rod, it can rotate/pivot through torsion of that rod. In the middle of the wing sits the retract servo.
all the other pieces are connected by 3mm carbon cylinders and secured with CA. for the support at the back a 5mm carbon cylinder is used.
this system is light, easy to assemble a extremely durable. i am now running my retracts for two years without a single problem. works like a charm even after this long time.

so then - if anyone is interested just go ahead

Greetings!!!
Andre Kochanski is offline Find More Posts by Andre Kochanski
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:47 PM
What tree??.......Doh!!
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Kochanski View Post
Hi guys,

in late 2010 (Nov.10 to be exact) i developed a retract system for the dynam DC-3 using original parts and 3d-printed moving parts.

i now found a possible way for you to get a reliable and extremely strong retract mechanism for your dynam DC-3.
i just added my youtube-video of the testing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pZApAIsiNc

and this is the original post (i changed my rcg-alias cause i now wanted to use my real name):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=924

So this is the link to a company in the US printing models for everyone at fairly reasonable prices. It is still pricy but maybe someone could make moulds and replicate some parts.
this is the link to the parts:
http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=dynam+skybus

Operation:

The main carrier sits in the original dynam main support baseplate. Glued to a 3mm carbon rod, it can rotate/pivot through torsion of that rod. In the middle of the wing sits the retract servo.
all the other pieces are connected by 3mm carbon cylinders and secured with CA. for the support at the back a 5mm carbon cylinder is used.
this system is light, easy to assemble a extremely durable. i am now running my retracts for two years without a single problem. works like a charm even after this long time.

so then - if anyone is interested just go ahead

Greetings!!!
Andre- simply Awesome! I remember back in the day when you creating the original. Was sooo envious!

One question. For the first part in the shapeways listing called "connecting piece" ( $4.83) do I need to order 2 per land gear or is the price per pair?

Thank, Neil
Smokin_Joes is offline Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:41 AM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Hi Neil,

glad you like it Having access to a printer for free was just a perfect opportunity! The other part was convincing the professor that they are necessary for my work, but i was lucky

For you now the parts cost, but the geometry is really simple so that reproducing them should be easily possible.
And you are right, you will need two of the connecting pieces for one unit. by the way i couldnīt come up with a better name for these things

This is what you need for one plane:

2x main carrier
4x connecting piece
2x aft base
--------------------
if you print just one piece of every part you only pay about $26. thats a reasonable price in my opinion.

greetings!
Andre Kochanski is offline Find More Posts by Andre Kochanski
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:02 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,584 Posts
I sold one of my planes in my hanger to make room for this bird and it looks like it is sold out almost everywhere.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:20 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
I sold one of my planes in my hanger to make room for this bird and it looks like it is sold out almost everywhere.
http://www.snhobbies.com/index.php?c...4d4e4625476cab
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
551 Posts
Sound like as soon as Nitroplanes gets this bird back in stock, that my son wants to buy it with his birthday money. I looks cool, but I was just wondering how it flies? Youtube videos looks like it does well. Does it have counter rotating props? Never had a twin engine, so just wondering what to expect. We have only ordered once from Nitroplanes. Do they get their stock back up pretty quick? Thanks for your help.
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:06 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,028 Posts
Read this thread from the start and you will get a lot of info. I put counter rotating props on mine along with the full conversion (short of retracts)to an AC-47 gunship. Mine flies very scale just the way I wanted it to...not overpowered at all. Ground handling is tricky if you are not familiar with tail draggers and the plane WILL tip stall just like the full scale one. Otherwise it's a comfortable plane once in the air.
As far as NP's goes I would never buy a plane from them...ever. I bought mine elsewhere.
Good luck !
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,750 Posts
Anyone know where to get a motor shaft, or replacement motor for these planes. I hit some tall grass when aborting a take off and bent a shaft.

Jim
WVrailfan is online now Find More Posts by WVrailfan
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrailfan View Post
Anyone know where to get a motor shaft, or replacement motor for these planes. I hit some tall grass when aborting a take off and bent a shaft.

Jim
I did the same. Got mine from Grayson Hobby.
http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...or-p-1362.html
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper