HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:42 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,878 Posts
FAQ
Eagletree digital display

Guys, are you finding your digital display to be accurate? I've found that while i'm test running a model with my display plugged in it doesn't match up to what the final results are when i download the data from my eagle tree recorder. Have you run into this? For example, i'll watch the display and it will run up to about 85 amps, but i'll download the data and get 99amps as a peak. seem odd?
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:56 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
I haven't seen that with mine. I haven't used my V3 much, but the numbers seen on the display have agreed well with the data graph so far.

I have the high voltage 150 amp version.
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Sep 22, 2009, 07:40 AM
Team House of Power Hobbies
Tamarac FL
Joined Oct 2003
427 Posts
There is a short delay in the transmition that may or may not show actual peak. I have noticed this with the speed sensor as well.
rcjet lynch is offline Find More Posts by rcjet lynch
Old Sep 22, 2009, 09:57 AM
Suspended Account
Braintree, Essex
Joined Mar 2006
3,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlyscale
Guys, are you finding your digital display to be accurate? I've found that while i'm test running a model with my display plugged in it doesn't match up to what the final results are when i download the data from my eagle tree recorder. Have you run into this? For example, i'll watch the display and it will run up to about 85 amps, but i'll download the data and get 99amps as a peak. seem odd?
Some times you get spikes in the readings and if the spike is higher than the average, then this peak is shown as the maximum.

For instantance if you have the system in live mode when you plug it in.

Also, the spike may happen between the sample rates as Rob said, if you get a spike of a few milliseconds and it does not happen to occour during one of the viewable samples, you wont see it.

So, ignore the max figure shown as a final readout. You can smooth out these spikes by adjusting the Min/Max values in the tools option. You can also increase the sample rate, but uses up the momory very much faster.

Go by whats on the chart as an average.
Whistling Watts is offline Find More Posts by Whistling Watts
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:41 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,878 Posts
I was really looking to use the digital display to aid in breaking in batteries and was watching it to ensure I didn't spike over 50amps. Want to make sure what I see on the display is actually what is happening.
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:45 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
When is the spike showing? If its right at plug-in it could be the surge to charge the input capacitors... That spike could be short enough to not show on the display and yet be captured by the logger.
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771