Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 15, 2005, 07:56 PM
Joined Jan 2005
6 Posts
Help with plane??

I just bought this plane off of ebay, called Super sonic, and I just got it today, and one of the motor's is not working right, can u help me???
txdrummer07 is offline Find More Posts by txdrummer07
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2005, 08:31 PM
Cheapskate freeloader!
Orebro, Sweden
Joined Oct 2002
3,155 Posts
Syma Super Sonic, differential thrust control plane, right?

What do you meen "not working right"? Isnīt it working at all, or isnīt it responding to the turning control (revving down when you want to turn one direction).

Disclaimer: If you are a kid, then DON`T think of doing what I describe below on your own. Get someone who is used to soldering help you out!

If itīs simply not working, then it is likely that one of the leads to the motor isnīt properly soldered to the terminal. Either that, or the motor is a dud. Letīs hope itīs the first though. If it is you can get the motor out of the foam nacelle if you first get the nacelle off the wing. This is most easily done with a scalpel. Cut the nacelle free from the wing as close to the wing itself as possible (all along the underside of the wing where the nacelle is attached). Make ABSOLUTELY sure that you donīt crush the foam in the nacelle while doing so, or you may end up with a misaligned nacelle when you try to re-attach it later. Also, make gradually deeper cuts at a slowly progressing pace until you have freed the nacelle, or you risk cutting off the wires to the motor.

Once the nacell is free of the wing, take the motor out and see which of the wires arenīt properly soldered to the terminal, and solder it properly. Then test to see if the motor works as it should.

Theoretically, there could be something wrong with the receiver end rather than at the motor-terminals, but I have had opportunity to fiddle with a lot of the Syma Super Sonic and Syma Preserver airplanes, and so far the only malfunctions weīve had were loose terminals at the motor end, which is why I think it is on your plane too. If so, then itīs an easy fix.

UNLESS of corse, the plane you have bought has been previously used, in which case Iīd say that it is a burnt out motor.

Good luck!
Anders O
Zeroaltitude is offline Find More Posts by Zeroaltitude
Old Feb 15, 2005, 09:22 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,533 Posts
If it dosen't work as listed you should take it up with the eBay seller. eBay gets a lot of bad-mouthing here, but their feedback system does work. A seller with a 100% rating will usually work very hard to preserve it. The sellers that I have investigated with slightly less than a 100% rating usually have unreasonable buyers to thank for it. Crooks are usually weeded out fairly quickly.

FWIW: Assuming you do not start tearing it apart. You should be able to get at min. a replacemnt or refund once you return the one you have. You may have to eat the shipping back, but that's the chance you take buying non-local. Best of luck.
Tim Wolff is online now Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:20 AM
Cheapskate freeloader!
Orebro, Sweden
Joined Oct 2002
3,155 Posts
Very true tiberius. Txdrummer PMīed me a short while after my post, and I also gave him the advice to talk to the seller before ripping it apart. Really canīt understand why I didnīt think of that immediately when I made the post!

Anders O
Zeroaltitude is offline Find More Posts by Zeroaltitude