Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:44 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,081 Posts
Discussion
The Beast --- released!!!

I had a great few dusk flights with my Beast AS3X this evening.

I mentioned this in the beast 3d thread as well. Anyone ever had a dogfight with a Raven and a micro? Well, I did tonight! My beast almost got snipped at the tail by the black menace, and in a fit of fury, my beast went animal!!!

I did a fast reverse at WOT and shocked the Raven, thinking it was an easy mark! ~30s of fast switchbacks, some tight turns, and the Raven knew he'd made a mistake!

I let him go, but the beast was showing all tonight that it was king of the clouds!

This little micro just amazes me in how absolutely manoeuverable and controllable it is. What a great offering by Eflite!

I hope everyone is enjoying good fall flying conditions. We MAY be in for... snow... this evening, but I am hoping not yet. I'd like to get in a weekend or two of decent flying before that sticky white stuff forces me to finally don skis on my planes.

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flying with the WHAM group!
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:28 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
672 Posts
?

what batts you running in your Beast ? oh, i took my pants off to.
GassPasser is offline Find More Posts by GassPasser
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:35 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,081 Posts
I run Turnigy NanoTech 260s in mine - TNT260s for short .

They are awesome in that plane! I get well over 7-8 mins of pretty much full aerobatic flying with those, even close to freezing temperatures like we are experiencing now in Alberta. If you check my earlier blog entries on this plane, I subbed the TNT 260 plugs (and the e-flite battery plug that is on the plane) with micro Deans 3-pin connectors. The Turnigy batteries come with the same plugs to fit the E-flite batteries.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html

The SKU is 9210000083 in case you're curious. 14-15g including plug. For less than $5/each, they're really a superb bargain!

Cheers and good fall flying to you!

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SkyCadet; Oct 21, 2012 at 09:44 AM.