HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:09 AM
Joined Jul 2007
742 Posts
If the weather is good tomorrow, I will get to maiden my Radjet.

My setup is:

Turnigy 2836 2350kv
Nanotec 4s 1000mah 45-90c
Turnigy Superbrain 60 amp
Apc 5x5

Max rpm : 29k
Max amp: 44amps

Has enough thrust to go full vertical at 1/3 throttle

Ill either have tears of joy or sadness after the maiden.
The_RattleSnake is offline Find More Posts by The_RattleSnake
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:29 AM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,017 Posts
Thats the exact same set up im going to use.

Good luck with the maiden. and remember to get Video
vettster is online now Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Im selling my 220mph jet
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:34 AM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
The stock CG is 383mm from the nose down the center line of the fuse. You need to add 15mm so it will be 398mm from the nose. Round it off to 400mm and you will be fine

My Turangy motor showed up today
Thanks. Tried to maiden yesterday. Took off facing the wind and gained some altitude. Turned to make a downwinpass and figured I could cut it back to 50% throttle. Tried to cut back into the wind to make a pass flying into the wind. Made my turn but was loosing altitude fast and could pull back up

I crashed and luckily only knocked one of the wings loose and minor damages. Im glad I used PU glue as it holds to this foam well but allowed the wing to pop out of its sockets. I think if I used hot melt or CA glue it would have broken the wing.

WIll lower the roll rates and try again.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:45 AM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,017 Posts
Good there wasnt much damage. Even if your wing broke.. the beauty of EPO is it just breaks into 2 peices and can be slapped together in seconds with reg CA. For higher speeds(150mph), you would want to use a stronger attachment for the wings.

Patch her up and get it up there again.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:47 PM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
606 Posts
Quote:
Good there wasnt much damage. Even if your wing broke.. the beauty of EPO is it just breaks into 2 peices and can be slapped together in seconds with reg CA. For higher speeds(150mph), you would want to use a stronger attachment for the wings.

I was wondering if there is a preferred method to attach wings and vert stabs temporarily so they can be removed for transport?
roo_ster is offline Find More Posts by roo_ster
Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Got to maiden mine this morning, what a fun jet. ( I mean rad jet) to fly. Flew with stock set up at first and was very happy with the way it flew. I only needed to trim a couple clicks on ailerons and elevator. My second flight I put a 6x4 prop on and made a pretty impressive difference. My third flight I put stock prop back on and put a 4s 1300 in and about the same as the 6x4 prop, more speed and unlimited vertical. I did try the 6x4 prop and 4s but it drew to many amps for the stock esc. Anybody on the fence with this one, I say just buy it, what a good flying little jet.
Airdog67 is offline Find More Posts by Airdog67
Old Jan 28, 2012, 03:10 PM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
606 Posts
Did you change out the esc when you tried the 6x4 prop?
roo_ster is offline Find More Posts by roo_ster
Old Jan 28, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
No, just tried the stock esc. I'm trying to avoid cutting the fuse all up for right now
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:09 AM
Joined Jul 2007
742 Posts
Quote:
For higher speeds(150mph), you would want to use a stronger attachment for the wings.

I put 2 x 10mm carbon strips in my wing :P
The_RattleSnake is offline Find More Posts by The_RattleSnake
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:40 AM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
The 2826-6 2200kv motor from hobby king is back ordered, any suggestions on a comparable one, thanks
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:45 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,082 Posts
Maidened mine this weekend you flew pretty well. I dint get much up elevator action I'm going to try to adjust the servo horns. No way is it getting unlimited vertical with the stock a setup and a 1300 mah. Sounds like some are getting a little more power with a6x4 prop but I'm concern ed about blowing the esc. This plane definitely needs some speed to stay aloft although it does seem to glide ok just dont try to turn without power.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:55 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Anyone have a funjet and this plane that you can put side by side and take a picture for size comparison?
nickelbn1 is online now Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jan 30, 2012, 04:49 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
Anyone have a funjet and this plane that you can put side by side and take a picture for size comparison?
Its on page 1, 2, or 3 I believe
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2012, 04:50 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
Maidened mine this weekend you flew pretty well. I dint get much up elevator action I'm going to try to adjust the servo horns. No way is it getting unlimited vertical with the stock a setup and a 1300 mah. Sounds like some are getting a little more power with a6x4 prop but I'm concern ed about blowing the esc. This plane definitely needs some speed to stay aloft although it does seem to glide ok just dont try to turn without power.
Congrats Captain.. Did you move the CG reward 15mm from stock? Sounds as though your still a bit nose heavy.

Go 4s...The difference is night and day. The motor can take it..The esc is iffy. It only draws 17 amps on 4s though. Your call..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2012, 05:01 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,082 Posts
thanks. I layed the battery flat in the tray as far back as it can go. only way to get it back further would be to start roughting out foam.

i dont have any 4s batteries and my charger wont handle them for some reason.

The plane is still a lot of fun but like i said no way as stock on 3s will it do unlimited vertical. I'm geussing its doing about 60mph with this setup.