HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2011, 03:54 AM
Bazinga!
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Feb 2007
608 Posts
Discussion
Mini Funtana X variant + colour scheme for Phoenix

I'm working on a Mini Funtana X model for Phoenix, until they release a proper MFX model. This is basically a scaled-down version of the Funtana 90, with an MFX colour scheme.

This is a work in progress, so the colour scheme is not perfect, and the physics is far from accurate. This is where I need some help. Can someone who understand the physics settings in Phoenix, tweak the variant to fly more like the MFX, and repost it?

To install: extract the zip file, then copy the .bmp file to your Schemes folder, and the .pxv file to your Variants/fixedWing folder. The model shows up as a variant of the Funtana 90. Make sure to choose the MFX colour scheme when choosing the model.
Moelich73 is online now Find More Posts by Moelich73
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:19 AM
E-flite Edge 540 BP
ישראל
Joined Jun 2011
11 Posts
thanks!
talfly is offline Find More Posts by talfly
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:36 AM
Joined May 2006
364 Posts
Mini Funtana for Phoenix

I would very much like the Mini Funtana (without X) in Phoenix. Like you I have used the scale wizard to scale down the Funtana 90. Also like you I'd appreciate help with getting the physics right.

The Mini Funtana is special in that it can be configured with two different wing positions. I guess you would have to create two different models to simulate both configurations.

Any Phoenix experts out there?
tb47 is offline Find More Posts by tb47
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:53 AM
Bazinga!
Joined Feb 2007
608 Posts
I emailed the guys at Phoenix with a request for the Mini Funtana X, and they said it is in the list of models they're working on. Not sure how long it would take but it will be added. I doubt they would make a model of the older model Mini Funtana, as it was replaced by the newer X model in the shops.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:39 AM
Joined May 2006
364 Posts
You are probably right (but I wish you were wrong ).

Someone wrote an e-mail to the Phoenix Model Team in January 2010. They replied that the Mini Funtana was on their list and would appear soon. Don't hold your breath!

I'd be happy for an interim hack while waiting.

According to this message the Mini Funtana implementation in FMS is not bad:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7922046. Any other simulators have it implemented?

Happy flying!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:17 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Is there one of the smaller models in PhoenixRC which feels like the Mini Funtana X?
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:28 AM
Bazinga!
Joined Feb 2007
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzom View Post
Is there one of the smaller models in PhoenixRC which feels like the Mini Funtana X?
I haven't tried to compare the other models yet, might give it a go and see which one is similar. Then again, my MFX might fly completely different to other people's MFX models. Best is if a couple of MFX owners all chip in with their opinions.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:15 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestView View Post
I haven't tried to compare the other models yet, might give it a go and see which one is similar. Then again, my MFX might fly completely different to other people's MFX models. Best is if a couple of MFX owners all chip in with their opinions.
OK. Try some of the other models and if one feels more like the X, you can rename it's variant to match the Funtana 90 model variant file name and tweak from there.
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:57 AM
Joined May 2006
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzom View Post
OK. Try some of the other models and if one feels more like the X, you can rename it's variant to match the Funtana 90 model variant file name and tweak from there.
That would require an expert, would it?

BTW Mini Funtana X seems to be available for Real Flight: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...o=file&id=4894
Also the original Mini Funtana seems to be available: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=13040

Either that or FMS might be an alternative. But having it in our favorite sim would of course be best.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:08 AM
Bazinga!
Joined Feb 2007
608 Posts
Seems like patience is the key. We will get a proper MFX model eventually. In the meantime, I'm having loads of fun with the new quadcopter model. Perfect timing from Phoenix, as I'm in the process of buying a quad.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 05:57 AM
Helicrack Addict
Australia, QLD, Forest Lake
Joined Dec 2003
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestView View Post
Can someone tweak the variant to fly more like the MFX, and repost it?
Try this and let me know what you think. Its just a quick edit job of your file so I can refine it further if you wish. You may want to edit the "Per-model control profile" in the model edit menu as I have it set for my XF631. Just disable it if need be.
whopper is offline Find More Posts by whopper
Old Jun 25, 2011, 09:56 AM
Bazinga!
Joined Feb 2007
608 Posts
Thanks whopper, I'll try it out and see how it flies.