HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
Discussion
Ouch!! up to 39 days estimated shipping?

Holy Mackeral... up to 39 days to get my package of just a few little batteries?

Well that was my first order with Hobby King.. and my last.

So what are the good online sites you guys use?
DeadServo is offline Find More Posts by DeadServo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:43 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,649 Posts
Another new member here to slate HK what a surprise and what a cute name too,any proof of this 39 day wait?
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
Another new member here to slate HK what a surprise and what a cute name too,any proof of this 39 day wait?
Yeah this is all made up because I want to bring down Hobby King for no reason

This place is apparently popular.. so either there is some trick to ordereing from them.. or you just have to pay the significanly higher amount to get it. Kate told me it would take 7 - 39 days to get to me. Which in my experience means it will take around 25 days.

But in the event that it comes to me sooner I will update it here... my order was places on SEPT 11... and as I said I was just told today that it will take 7 - 39 days to get to me. Which is QUITE a wait... But as I said if it comes sooner I will update.. but I am skeptical.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Glad you like my name... passive aggressive much?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:04 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,649 Posts
Mmm ok i see where your coming from now mate so sorry if i seem a little skeptical,there is a couple of people going about who keep changing there user name on here because of being band and they like to slate HK,so sorry or that mate.

As far as taking 39 days i doubt it will be that long and you might find the postal service say that to cover them selves,so there for HK might have to say the same.

I normally use EMS when i need something in a hurry and the longest i've had to wait for a parcel that wasn't EMS was only around a week and a half,which i thought was good for something coming from the other side of the world and only costing peanuts.

Anyways i hope your parcel gets to you a lot sooner than the time frame your were giving and again sorry if i miss under stood your first post.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Mmm ok i see where your coming from now mate so sorry if i seem a little skeptical,there is a couple of people going about who keep changing there user name on here because of being band and they like to slate HK,so sorry or that mate.

As far as taking 39 days i doubt it will be that long and you might find the postal service say that to cover them selves,so there for HK might have to say the same.

I normally use EMS when i need something in a hurry and the longest i've had to wait for a parcel that wasn't EMS was only around a week and a half,which i thought was good for something coming from the other side of the world and only costing peanuts.

Anyways i hope your parcel gets to you a lot sooner than the time frame your were giving and again sorry if i miss under stood your first post.

Well I apologize as well for going on the defensive. The thing is I ordered 4 of these tiny batteries so could fly for longer than 20min at a time. As I said I ordered these things 7 days ago and was checking in everyday waiting for a tracking number. So today when I couldnt find a tracking number I used the Chat screen and ended up talking to Kate.. who told me tracking wouldnt be available for 3 days.. and then the shipping itself would take 7 to 39 days.

I hope it comes sooner.. and as I said if it does I will certainly say something here.. but yeah usually when a company gives such a broad span of time.. it usually doesnt end up in my favor. hah...

But no.. this is not a new account... well.. new-ish.. but certainly not made to bring down HK. Anyhow.. Ill let everyone know what happens.

Cheers
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:33 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadServo View Post
Well I apologize as well for going on the defensive. The thing is I ordered 4 of these tiny batteries so could fly for longer than 20min at a time. As I said I ordered these things 7 days ago and was checking in everyday waiting for a tracking number. So today when I couldnt find a tracking number I used the Chat screen and ended up talking to Kate.. who told me tracking wouldnt be available for 3 days.. and then the shipping itself would take 7 to 39 days.

I hope it comes sooner.. and as I said if it does I will certainly say something here.. but yeah usually when a company gives such a broad span of time.. it usually doesnt end up in my favor. hah...

But no.. this is not a new account... well.. new-ish.. but certainly not made to bring down HK. Anyhow.. Ill let everyone know what happens.

Cheers
Rules ordering from HK

Do not order if:

#1 back ordered
#2 you are in a hurry
#3 expecting hand-holding
#4 expecting red-carpet treatment

That being said, once you get the tracking number, it won't show up for at least a couple days, so don't get too excited if you get the # and the system can't find it.

All in all, my orders are getting to my door about 12-15 days. If you order Lipo from the inter warehouse, it goes swiss post and is slowwwww...add another 5-10 days on top of the 12-15 days.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,067 Posts
Its just an estimation. I'm in the u.s. and receive packages in less than 3 weeks from the international warehouse.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:16 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,649 Posts
I've gotten parcels from HK and other vendors in China/Hong Kong on the day of the tracking number going live.

I've even had a tracking number not go live until i've got the parcel but again thats not down to HK but the postal company IMO.

Still good luck and i'm sure you will soon have your batteries and i bet they will get to you a lot faster if you don't look for them every day,you know what they say about a kettle boils faster if you don't watch it,something like that but you get what i mean.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
Just a quick update .... No dice yet

as of now its 12 days... seriously though.. where else do you guys buy all of your adapters and etc. Hobby king has a great selection but I generally like to get stuff pretty fast.

Cheers
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:49 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Just a quick update .... No dice yet

as of now its 12 days... seriously though.. where else do you guys buy all of your adapters and etc. Hobby king has a great selection but I generally like to get stuff pretty fast.

Cheers
where you located?
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:09 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
286 Posts
Cheap, fast, quality. Pick any two.

HK does cheap, and mixes in the other two. Usually reasonable quality according to most punters. HTH.
cold wombat is offline Find More Posts by cold wombat
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:20 AM
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
where you located?
Los Angeles
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold wombat View Post
Cheap, fast, quality. Pick any two.

HK does cheap, and mixes in the other two. Usually reasonable quality according to most punters. HTH.
Thats easy... pick two... Fast and Quality... Ill pay extra. Whats the website address?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:48 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
286 Posts
Quote:
Thats easy... pick two... Fast and Quality... Ill pay extra. Whats the website address?
For that, you want your LHS. But quality and speed may vary.

cold wombat is offline Find More Posts by cold wombat