Old Jul 11, 2014, 09:56 AM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonasj View Post
Hi!
I found that someone else had the same problem, but it wasn't solved yet.
One of my Ladybirds motors is "lazy", starts spinning after others and stops earlier. And no amount of trim will help to adjust this. I just replaced the motor with a brand new one, no success. Tried with 2 fully charged batteris and tinkering the wiring.
Flicking the propels with fingers, seems that all spin equally well. No hair or other junk.

This started gradually, after a couple of hard crashes it has gotten worse.
No visible damage
New receiver? Or new Ladybird and save this crippled one as spare parts? Thoughts?
That sounds like a failed FET chip on the board. Easiest repair is to get a new board. If you can find the right FET value and are good at SMD soldering, the chips can be replaced but unless you're experienced at small soldering work, it's not easy. I've done it several times on Hubsan and HiSky boards.

FYI, MOSFETchips are used like relay valves on these boards. The CPU sends a very low voltage/current signal to one FET connection to control the amount of power from the battery that goes to the motor. They can fail for a number of reasons. Motor wire shorts or over current from a stall (motor powered but prop blocked from spinning, maybe in a crash) are the most common reasons. When they fail, you can see any of a number of symptoms including no motor response (but motor know good), motor spins as soon as board us powered up w/no response to stick, and/or "lazy" response.
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:05 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,394 Posts
Hi j,
If you want to try to replace the bad or all the MOSFETs this will help you:
From the Mini and Micro and Nano Multicopter section of the
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
--Replacement MOSFETs for Micro Multicopters: Walkera, Hubsan, WLToys 101
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:30 AM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Thanks guys!

I'll probably get a new ladybird and even though fixing the old one sounds hard for my skill level i'll give it a go. Who knows, matbe I learn something in the process. Thanks again for the quick reply!
joonasj is offline Find More Posts by joonasj
Old Yesterday, 12:03 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,083 Posts
Canopy

Broke my canopy need replacement. Any third party canopy that looks nice and is direct fit?
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Yesterday, 01:29 AM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,132 Posts
Can't tape it together?
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor