Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 09, 2014, 06:34 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
2,473 Posts
Here's my ad, anyone wishing to donate so I can pay the advertising fee is welcome
and yes, TM is way younger then as am I Amazing how fast 13 years goes by....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
ITTD, did you put a sign up somewhere?
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; Jul 09, 2014 at 07:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2014, 07:31 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdford View Post
Geez...
Whoooaaattt? These same guys complain about the thread being incredibly long..... wonder why?
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2014, 09:19 PM
Goes to eleven!
Bellingham WA
Joined Mar 2009
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Those balance plug supports are nice addition to those lipos. You can buy em as a seperate item and add em to all your balance plugs, 3s,4s,6s is offered maybe 8s can't remember. They help keep the balance wires from being tugged and dislodged when removing. I've added em to all my lipos.
Me too - they work great!

joe
JK13 is offline Find More Posts by JK13
Old Jul 09, 2014, 09:51 PM
Joined Feb 2014
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undermoose View Post
Well it's been almost 4 months, she's built, wired up, ready to fly, and I may in fact be ready to fly her soon too Thrust Vectoring is working. The last thing I think I need to do is reinforce the front landing gear support strut... at least for now.

I'm still very new, but I've been flying other planes well. Landings are still tricky, but confidence is high!, so I hope to have a video to post of the SU35 by end of June (busy month!). I need a bit more stick time on the trainer first too.

Freewing SU-35.
HET 2W-30 Motors with Freewing 12B special metal shroud fans.
Gecko 125amp ESC x 2.
Turnigy 8000mah 25C 6S Lipo (fits the battery bay perfectly!).
Spektrum receiver with telemetry on battery voltage.

I originally purchased 5000mah lipos, but after much reading and watching my buddy down his SR71 due to loosing power on his 4th approach at landing, I bit the bullet on the 8000mah Turnigy nano techs. I'm guestimating 4 minutes flight time, and the telemetry will aid in power management with audio status too.
Terribly sorry but the maiden has been delayed for some time. For my bday my friends gave me an EDF, the Freewing A-10, and I had it in the air for over 3 minutes before it got a bit to far and I lost perspective and totaled it. It was my first EDF I've flown, a great learning experience, and have decided to buy another A-10 and master it before I try the SU-35. I also have a lot of spare parts for the A-10 now

I need more stick time!
Undermoose is offline Find More Posts by Undermoose
Old Jul 09, 2014, 09:58 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,899 Posts
Until you get the hang of EDF's and think you might be prone to losing orientation, maybe an Eagletree Guardian or similar device would be helpful.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Last edited by fredmdbud; Jul 09, 2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2014, 10:03 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
1,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
Until you get the hang of EDF's and think you might be prone to losing orientation, maybe an Eagle Guardian or similar device would be helpful.
I think its good to also invest in a simulator, not just any, one that is detailed enough and has nice models. Its all about practice practice and more practice. I don't think a guardian helps you fly better or help in orientation. I started out with helicopters so once I started flying planes it was much easier for some reason.
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2014, 10:38 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,899 Posts
Sounds like he's just new to EDF's, not flying. And jets do tend to have less distinctive profiles, orientation-wise. The Guardian could be used as a quick aid to re-orient the plane rightside up when needed, doesn't have to be training wheels kept on all the time.

Even experienced fliers mess up - ask ITTD about his F-22 maiden
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Jul 10, 2014, 01:20 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,473 Posts
Thanks for using my F22 mishap as an example Fred like I
wasn't already suffering from a bruised ego.... btw speaking of the F22
I am mounting the FW CR 12B units tonight Redemption is not far off

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
Sounds like he's just new to EDF's, not flying. And jets do tend to have less distinctive profiles, orientation-wise. The Guardian could be used as a quick aid to re-orient the plane rightside up when needed, doesn't have to be training wheels kept on all the time.

Even experienced fliers mess up - ask ITTD about his F-22 maiden
Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,473 Posts
A must for everyone in this thread!!

Seeing as how LX has beaten FW to the T50, I emailed FW asking if they will
produce a PAK-FA T50, answer was no its not in their plans, unless people really
want them to! I suggest that everyone here send an email to:

freewing@sz-freewing.com

And kindly ask for them to produce a PAK-FA T50!! Its the only way it will happen IMO-Jandro you listening!?
So everyone get busy and email, have everyone you know email them, I sent a list of suggestions for improvement including
moving vert stabs get busy pilots!!

THIS CAN BE A REAL GRASS ROOTS EFFORT!
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; Yesterday at 01:14 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:36 AM
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
177 Posts
I Emailed them already, come on dudes lets start some thing
Sovrin is online now Find More Posts by Sovrin
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,567 Posts
Yes I am here indeed...
let the Spaaaaaaaaam begin
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
177 Posts
Hi Jandro.....i finally done it, got a Taranis radio for my SU-35 ( had to add that in case the thread police get me) .
I have been looking at Revo's , they have a 6s 5000mah SPLIT-PAK, is that what you have, so basically 2 3s in series??
Sovrin is online now Find More Posts by Sovrin
RCG Plus Member