SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 08, 2009, 09:40 AM
Joined Nov 2008
48 Posts
Discussion
Ignore This Thread

NEVER MIND. I GOT MY ANSWER ELSEWHERE.

OK, I finally broke down and bought a Radio Shack transformer (12V, 3A) and a Harbor Freight router speed controller!

My questions all revolve around how to wire the transformer to an extension cord pigtail that will plug into the speed controller, specifically:

A) Do I need to hook the transformer to a three-prong plug or can I safely use an ungrounded plug?

B) If I should use a grounded plug, how do I hook up the ground wire coming from the plug?
B1) Twist the ground wire together with the white/neutral and I'm done?
B2) Attach the ground wire to a metal enclosure the transformer is attached to and I'm done?
B3) Do both (B1) and (B2)?
B4) Some other possibility?

Thanks for any help to an electrical noob who wants to cut foam AND stay alive long enough to watch his boys grow up.

-- Paul
imgodot is offline Find More Posts by imgodot
Last edited by imgodot; Feb 08, 2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Got My Answer Elsewhere
to remove ads between posts