SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 25, 2014, 01:09 PM
Weekend flyer
Faroe Islands
Joined Jun 2007
30 Posts
Mini-Review
Mini review of Black Gold brushless kit (Walkera Super CP and Mini)

Mini review of "Black Gold" kit (Walkera Super CP and Mini)

But why
After flying my Super CP (SCP) every day for weeks. My stock brushed motor gave up its spirit by overheating and had a massive drop in flight time. Tested if the battery was a candidate of cause but it wasn't. I knew this was eventually coming so no surprises there. A daily busy brushed motor has the life span of a firefly. So I wanted to go brushless to lower MTBF. The tail will eventually also fail at some point so I got a spare one ready from the kit. Couldn't find any reviews of the kit in mention so here is some information about it and how it will turn out.

Where to buy
The OEM brushless kit bought at Banggood.
Link to the reviewed kit

Contents
A welded plastic bag containing the following
- Main gear 64T with pinions 8T and a carbon rotor shaft
- Walkera 10A Brushless ESC (tail version, with no com port)
- No name tail boom with 7mm brushed motor with prop
- No name brushless motor
- and some zip-ties

Setup and what I know so far

TX is a Devo 7e with Deviation v4.0.1

The kv rating as described by banggood is 12000 or 14000 kv but the shop doesn't give you a choice between the two.
Shake the bag and take a pick. Kv rating still unknown but not for long.

I dropped in the brushless motor fitted with an plastic 8T pinion. Main gear stock. Connected the esc and started spooling up. Behold its off the ground and hovering.
Tail holding with a bit of hunting ... but but but ... (more to come)

Attached images as I progress.
Munin is offline Find More Posts by Munin
Last edited by Munin; Jun 25, 2014 at 04:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:23 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,233 Posts
Yo Turbo how did it go ?? I have kit for Genius c/p but sure it will work with Mini c/p V1. Genius c/p battery holder is a pain even for 240 ma batteries. 350/400's would be pain. Mini no problem.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04