HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:27 AM
CHC
United States, TX, Friendswood
Joined Aug 2008
25 Posts
Report on the Uline anti-static foil:

It welds really nicely with an iron. But, only one side to the same side of another piece - the "dull" side. Held up, but was too heavy to let an 18 inch envelop fly. The stuff may be better suited to Monokote type applications because it also will adhere to balsa, which was interesting.

Oh well - at least we know now.
CHC is offline Find More Posts by CHC
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 12:34 PM
CHC
United States, TX, Friendswood
Joined Aug 2008
25 Posts
Oh, and a GREAT contact cement - 3M yellow automotive trim cement.

Man, that stuff is out of this world sticky/tough. I'm loving it.
CHC is offline Find More Posts by CHC
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:15 AM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,456 Posts
Metalic foil survival blankets.

For example Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets

From Wikipedia "the material consists of a thin sheet of plastic (often PET film) that is coated with a metallic reflecting agent, making it metallized polyethylene terephthalate (MPET), usually gold or silver in color".

Very cheap and easy to get, provided you want to work with small sized blimps. I've read it's nearly impossible to glue, and I don't know how it compares to proper balloon material with respect to weight and Helium permeability. It's very thin. A blanket big enough to wrap a body in is folded up into a very small packet.
ruzam is online now Find More Posts by ruzam