Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:40 PM
It's pronounced Caveman...
Reno, NV
Joined Nov 2009
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
At $80 RTF, its a no brainer!
Worth every penny... But I would be disappointed at $140+. But for $80, the thing is practically disposable....
c4v3man is offline Find More Posts by c4v3man
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:48 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4v3man View Post
Step1 with hobbyking: Don't order out of stock or backordered products.
Step2: Don't order out of stock or backordered products
Step3: Repeat steps 1 and 2.

PS2 cable won't work for trainer function... too many pins. Must be S-Video cable. I'll try to dig one up today.
Actually, it seems it just the opposite, I have ordered OOS and backordered products many times, sometimes I cancel. Most of the time, within 30days it ships. sometimes it's longer. So because I canceled my order for these items, I lost out again. So I actually have a couple orders in right now for some oil shocks for a Turnigy truck and some small lipos for my micro T, in separate orders.

The rule is, don't combine more than one back order item in the same order, it will take forever, and don't add items (to make weight to maximum) that you need soon.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:32 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Yeah, I wake up this morning to check my email and get the notifications and everything is gone. And I already cancelled my order for the main gears and swashplate. I guess you have o leave the backorders up if you want stuff. Still, what kind of business do they run where they run out of stock in minutes? I had the 300mah nanotechs for this bird and they were on backorder for 60days and they just shipped now.
Clearly a successful one as they are moving product like no one else. It comes with the insane cheap prices we get. You cant have it both ways mate.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:20 PM
my precious Corter
Joined Jan 2012
252 Posts
have to agree on this one, ordered 5 turnigy 300mah for 100d on 24.2.2012, and it was sent on 15.3.2012.
Okay it's 3 weeks later, but 5 300mah batteries for the price of one original 200mah ?
madmito is offline Find More Posts by madmito
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:46 AM
Joined Mar 2012
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmito View Post
To my noob friends, that have same problems as me, suddenly appearing walls, floor lifts up, etc....
I'm quite SICK, that every half battery results in broken parts worth about 15$.
whatever I do, even with throttle hold, results in broken main gear, blah, blah, blah.:
I read this post and thought I was really clever having not broken anything having run 6 or so batteries through my new 100D. However I obviously offended the CP gods today. Now have broken tail, swash, skids and main gear and 15$ is looking really good!

The only good news is that she is still flyable while I wait for all those parts (with a somewhat shortened tail). I am really enjoying the challenge of the CP bird but have found it an enormous jump from FP helis. I guess I thought the 100D would at least sit stable on the ground before take off but find I have to control it before it is in the air. Is that normal?

Right off to sacrifice more chickens

Harry
Hazzanz is offline Find More Posts by Hazzanz
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:07 AM
my precious Corter
Joined Jan 2012
252 Posts
CP gods are easily offended.
You shouldn't touch anything but thrust on the ground.
Lift her of very fast to more than two feet and then use right stick to correct her, or the gyro gets confused.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:33 AM
Joined Mar 2012
122 Posts
Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Having only run 9 batteries in total through a CP in my life I ain't correcting anyone! You are probably right though as that is what we do with FPs to get them up straight. I guess I am a bit nervous about being able to catch her so have been "tile surfing" a bit. Probably means I need to find somewhere bigger to fly...
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:38 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
I have found that sometimes it could use a little cycle as it lifts, but yes, it really should be lifted quickly to at least 2 feet and then quickly corrected. This becomes automatic after time.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:38 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
Anything below a foot or so is a bit too low as the rotor wash is going to really effect these micros and push them around. I noticed it with my mcpx badly at around a 10 inches or so. My 100d is fine around a foot but anything less and its vicious
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:24 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
Had my first REAL flight with this heli yesterday. So far only a few hovers in the back yard. I was at a real airfield and was able to move it around a bit without crashing. I am finding that there seems to be a dead spot in the lift where I have to move the stick quite a bit to get more lift. I have not modified any settings but have been noticing a few pages back many of you have been playing with the settings for the normal mode to make it easier to fly. I also had a situation yestday (it was windy) where I was lowering the stick to get it to come down and it would not and then I heard the motor start to spool down which alarmed me because I knew it would not respond well if the rotors spooled down. It did come down, but I can see it could use some tweking of the settings. Did you guys ever come up with a definitive set of settings to improve it? I guess I should be using idle up when it's windy, then it would have come down, but as a beginner to CP, I am afraid of the idle up switch.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:15 PM
my precious Corter
Joined Jan 2012
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
Anything below a foot or so is a bit too low as the rotor wash is going to really effect these micros and push them around. I noticed it with my mcpx badly at around a 10 inches or so. My 100d is fine around a foot but anything less and its vicious
How do you compare it to MCPX, I kind of wish i bought it instead, but 6ch radio got to me.
I find CP horrible to fly indoor, haven't done any outdoor tests yet.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined Mar 2012
122 Posts
Quote:
How do you compare it to MCPX, I kind of wish i bought it instead, but 6ch radio got to me.
I find CP horrible to fly indoor, haven't done any outdoor tests yet.
Yes the 6ch programmable radio got me as well. Also the price is much better here. I am also considering a mcpx but have no idea whether it will be any better?

Any how my 100D is down awaiting parts now. Getting it two foot the air turned out to be a problem When I get the parts I am only going to fly her outside for a while. Indoor is just too frustrating,
Last edited by Hazzanz; Mar 19, 2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:59 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
Yeah, you have to have room to think when it drifts, or you will overcorrect and crash. I am flying on half rates right now. Still plenty responsive.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Mar 2012
122 Posts
Did you guys do any swash leveling or mechanical setup when you got your helis? I know FBL shouldnt need it but the mcp-x thread seems to indicate those guys are doing mechanical setup...

Shahram72 - what dr settings are you using?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:21 AM
It's pronounced Caveman...
Reno, NV
Joined Nov 2009
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzanz View Post
Did you guys do any swash leveling or mechanical setup when you got your helis? I know FBL shouldnt need it but the mcp-x thread seems to indicate those guys are doing mechanical setup...

Shahram72 - what dr settings are you using?
I haven't done any mechanical setup... kinda nice how easy to setup this heli is compared to my old flybarred units.
c4v3man is offline Find More Posts by c4v3man