HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2015, 11:31 PM
Joined Feb 2015
4 Posts
Help!
Free Fly Movi controller

Hello,
Over the last couple weeks I have been working on setting up a new Heavy Lift Cine-cam capable multirotor. We decided to go with a Movi M15 Gimbal given its strength and possible camera options. We also chose to use the Free Fly Movi controller. Everyhitng has worked great except for the range of the controller, they advertise that 1200ft is possible with their setup which would be a good start, but we knew going in that more than likely we would need more range than that. As far as I can find out it is outfitted with a relatively low power 2.4ghz transmitting unit and a low to mid power antenna. Does anyone know of a way to either boost the range via a repeater or amplifier and or out fit it with a new more powerfull transmitting unit and antenna. I was pretty confident that there was a way to accomplish this given that Free Fly is mainly using off the shelf components to assemble their controller. Any one advice or ideas are greatly welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Thnks,

Zach
ZRBloom is offline Find More Posts by ZRBloom
to remove ads between posts