HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2013, 04:33 PM
Your INVERTED!
United States, OK, Coweta
Joined Jul 2005
552 Posts
Question
Aircore Planes

Anyone flying any of these? Seems pretty quite about them. I like the looks of them, just wondering how they fly?
Also, are they painted, or stickers?
I like the Cessna 195 looking Principle, but not really the color....
How long do they fly on a charge?
Can you takeoff and land ok with them, or do they have to hand launch and belly land?
w0ace is offline Find More Posts by w0ace
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shop Helper....
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2013, 10:32 PM
Gecko Guy
Joined Dec 2013
245 Posts
ive wondered about these too. it seems risky if you ever say the uberlites review by Jang. its like the same concept with the magnets snapping together.
Mr. Slender Man is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Slender Man
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mr. Slender Man (Gecko Guy)
Old Dec 08, 2013, 01:45 AM
RIP Sheba :(
Brentwood, CA
Joined Nov 2002
1,118 Posts
These Aircore planes seem to be a bridge between micro rtf and parkflyer size planes because of 22" wingspan, and are 7.4v lipo powered w/micro servos. I like the concept, and like you guys, I'm wondering how well they fly?

The snap together power core concept is similar to the Uberlites, but in a more robust form. Studied the Tower Hobbies add and looks like no landing gear, but the airframes are highly detailed. Gonna go look for some reviews... Looks like a nice product to me!

Rob
Robster is offline Find More Posts by Robster
Old Dec 08, 2013, 05:42 AM
Gecko Guy
Joined Dec 2013
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster View Post
These Aircore planes seem to be a bridge between micro rtf and parkflyer size planes because of 22" wingspan, and are 7.4v lipo powered w/micro servos. I like the concept, and like you guys, I'm wondering how well they fly?

The snap together power core concept is similar to the Uberlites, but in a more robust form. Studied the Tower Hobbies add and looks like no landing gear, but the airframes are highly detailed. Gonna go look for some reviews... Looks like a nice product to me!

Rob
joehandsome from youtube has them and will be reviewing them. havent gotten around to see if he did or not.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2013, 09:31 AM
Your INVERTED!
Joined Jul 2005
552 Posts
I think they all come with landing gear, but its easily removable....going to check out Joehandsome on the tube....
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:26 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,447 Posts
I am flying the Me109 and the Miss America Mustang. They fly great and are fast if you want them to be. I think they are superior to my other micros from Parkzone/Eflight. They are more durable too.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Dec 16, 2013, 06:55 PM
Gecko Guy
Joined Dec 2013
245 Posts
lets see a video!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 24, 2013, 04:00 PM
Your INVERTED!
Joined Jul 2005
552 Posts
Flyzone Aircore Principle and P-51 Miss America Review and Flight (10 min 23 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2013, 07:33 AM
foam, ailerons, brushless!
Joined May 2013
1,265 Posts
I'm considering getting one down the road. The thing I wonder about is the snap on prop adapters..... the cox/nine eagles extra 300 I've flown started out with the same arrangement and I lost props left and right, to the point I gave up and used a prop saver and (much cheaper) gws props.
failboat is offline Find More Posts by failboat
Old Dec 25, 2013, 08:15 PM
Joined Apr 2012
218 Posts
These were sold about 10 or so years ago under the name U.S.Air Core. The planes didn`t look as nice as these do, if I remember correctly they were just boxy sport planes. The whole removeable power unit is the same idea, except I think they were bigger, maybe 3 or 4 foot span planes with regular servos and gear.The idea never caught on and I trhink they only lasted a few months or so.
I think Tower sold them back then.
MiG29Fulcrum is offline Find More Posts by MiG29Fulcrum
Old Dec 25, 2013, 09:06 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Nov 2013
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by failboat View Post
I'm considering getting one down the road. The thing I wonder about is the snap on prop adapters..... the cox/nine eagles extra 300 I've flown started out with the same arrangement and I lost props left and right, to the point I gave up and used a prop saver and (much cheaper) gws props.
I actually kind of like the idea of the snap on prop adapter. I just got a powercore and the Me109 aircore frame. After having, and loving the Hobbyzone/Parkzone UM/UMX's I feel like these planes are going to be more durable for me. I fly in a smallish park (think two softball fields/1 football field) surrounded by trees, so these Flyzone aircores are about as big as I can go as far as warbird airframes go. Since I have either packed dirt or grass as my runway, I mostly hand launch and belly land. I think the build of thse aircores with the breakaway prop suits that sort of field better. They come with detachable gears (like the Parkzone UM/UMX style) but the tail is just a plastic skid plate made to look like a tail gear. For me, the gears are only for display purpose.

Too cold in my area to fly, but hoping that some warmer weather this weekend might give me an opportunity to take it out.
makattack is offline Find More Posts by makattack
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:02 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Nov 2006
409 Posts
I've checked them out at my LHS. A little pricey but they look great. Detailing is on par with Horizon stuff at least the Mustang.
Gardner37 is offline Find More Posts by Gardner37
Old Dec 26, 2013, 08:05 PM
Joined Jul 2007
15 Posts
I got the P-51 and BF 109 for xmas. Finish, etc.. very good. Power module easy to install and bind. CG and control surface deflections were spot on. Flew the P-51 this afternoon-Hand launched 50% throttle-excellent flight characteristics-I was able to fly it in our back yard-which is around 3/4 acre or so-mostly at 50-60% throttle-5 minute flights. Hope to try the 109 tomorrow or the weekend. I owned and flew the old Aircore 40 trainer in the early 90's. The concept is the same, but these new Aircore models are really nice.
nealcfi is offline Find More Posts by nealcfi
Old Dec 26, 2013, 08:23 PM
Your INVERTED!
Joined Jul 2005
552 Posts
I think these will fit in the TourPak of a Harley!!! I need to test it out, better order one I guess!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2013, 09:41 PM
foam, ailerons, brushless!
Joined May 2013
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealcfi View Post
I got the P-51 and BF 109 for xmas. Finish, etc.. very good. Power module easy to install and bind. CG and control surface deflections were spot on. Flew the P-51 this afternoon-Hand launched 50% throttle-excellent flight characteristics-I was able to fly it in our back yard-which is around 3/4 acre or so-mostly at 50-60% throttle-5 minute flights. Hope to try the 109 tomorrow or the weekend. I owned and flew the old Aircore 40 trainer in the early 90's. The concept is the same, but these new Aircore models are really nice.
How much space is there in the foam around the battery?
failboat is offline Find More Posts by failboat