Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
No problems.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jan 08, 2014, 11:50 AM
Joined Mar 2010
5 Posts
Usually HK has been very prompt when I order from the US warehouse. For the most part it gets to my door within a few business days as I'm only a 4 hour drive from the warehouse. I am currently waiting on a 9x radio (ordered by itself) that I ordered on the 3rd to ship from the warehouse while another order (with a few small items) that I put in on the 5th is already in town. There doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason to their processing.

Edited:

After some more research I discovered how they ship internally between warehouses in the US, if what you order isn't in stock at the nearest warehouse to you. I even got the radio on the Saturday (the 11th), days after my initial post. Still, it'd be nice to know what's going on as I have had orders with other companies where they do not let you know what's happening at all unless you call them. And inactivity might mean a problem with the order.
m4rvin is offline Find More Posts by m4rvin
Last edited by m4rvin; Jan 19, 2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2014, 04:36 PM
Australia, QLD, Bargara
Joined May 2013
57 Posts
The tracking numbers were provided 2 days ago, however Australia post indicate they have not received the items. I suspect they were scanned in the Warehouse and still need to be given to Australia Post. So 10 days after payment they are still not shipped.

We have lots of other options in Australia and this was my first purchase with HobbyKing.
I prefer to support a business that values customer service.

The online chat system is overloaded at the moment. Email does not work, no contact telephone number .... This reminds me of Dymocks online.

At least they do not sell cars, food or other important items.

Thumbs up to ModelFlight for their brilliant service in Australia.
seanudal is offline Find More Posts by seanudal
Last edited by seanudal; Jan 08, 2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2014, 06:59 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
Sean, which shipping method? Ask Chrissy47 about the times she has contacted Aus post directly about parcels from Hong Kong and the number of times she was told that they had not received the items only for them to then turn up at her door.

Mark
Old Jan 12, 2014, 04:28 AM
Joined Jun 2010
851 Posts
I was starting to get a little peeved with HK for taking so long with my recent orders. Today I learned you can track items ordered via the Australian Express Channel by putting the tracking number into Australia Post.

Looks like Australia Post dropped the ball with two of my orders, HK did their part within a week..

The following two tracking numbers show the items were not able to be delivered and have been returned to sender.. What the..?? - I have received dozens of orders to the same address and was home every day for the past few weeks. I will chase it with Aust Post tomorrow..

http://auspost.com.au/track/

UWQ6016354010229
UWQ6015486010220
Rob2160 is offline Find More Posts by Rob2160
Old Jan 12, 2014, 04:43 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
Hey Rob, That's exactly what happened with a couple of orders Chris and I placed luckily minus the returned bit. Turns out one of the couriers that contracts to Aus Post had one of the orders in his possession for over a week.

Mark
Old Jan 12, 2014, 05:08 PM
Joined Jun 2010
851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Hey Rob, That's exactly what happened with a couple of orders Chris and I placed luckily minus the returned bit. Turns out one of the couriers that contracts to Aus Post had one of the orders in his possession for over a week.

Mark
Thanks Mark,

Just off the phone with Aust post which wasn't very productive.

They did confirm that no delivery attempt was made but couldn't provide a reason for it and just stated it was returned to sender.

Have opened a PP dispute for both. Easier to just get a refund here I think.

Somewhere there is a nice new Taranis sitting in a box.. Bummer! I wanted that one...
Last edited by Rob2160; Jan 13, 2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2014, 08:07 AM
Canada, ON, Manilla
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieg View Post
Knowing my luck they would have sent it again and can't process a refund

EDIT: Not that it would be a bad thing if it actually arrived
They decided to send it again a few days ago; after saying they would "processes my refund"
Brieg is offline Find More Posts by Brieg
Old Feb 09, 2014, 01:24 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
Looks like Australia Post dropped the ball with two of my orders, HK did their part within a week..

The following two tracking numbers show the items were not able to be delivered and have been returned to sender.. What the..?? - I have received dozens of orders to the same address and was home every day for the past few weeks. I will chase it with Aust Post tomorrow..
At least you found out who was to blame as it don't seem to be HK's fault but the postal company yet again,most don't seem to understand that and will rant on every forum that they can find and blame HK,when it is quite obvious to most that it's the postal company who is at fault,some of these postal companies get away with to much IMO.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Feb 09, 2014, 03:17 PM
Joined Jun 2010
851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
At least you found out who was to blame as it don't seem to be HK's fault but the postal company yet again,most don't seem to understand that and will rant on every forum that they can find and blame HK,when it is quite obvious to most that it's the postal company who is at fault,some of these postal companies get away with to much IMO.
Yes that is true, I had two different orders that also didn't arrive but HK have already refunded me for those.

I haven't placed an order for about a month as I am overseas right now but will try again when I get home in March.