Help!
ESCs just beep

Here's what I have on my newly built quad:

Spektrum DX5e trans and AR600 receiver
Skywalker 20a ESCs
4 x 1000kv motors
kkmulicopter board v5.5 with Xcopter v2.9

Here's what happens:

I have bound the trans to the receiver. When I power up the board the ESCs beep 3 times, then just go to beeping once per second. I pull the throttle stick to the left for a few seconds and the blue LED on the kkmulticopter board comes on and then all the ESCs beep with about .25 seconds in between each beep and thats all that happens (i think this means they believe the throttle is not at 0% but it is).

Here's what i've done:

I connected each ESC directly to throttle on the receiver, turned the transmitter on with throttle at 100% and powered the ESC. It beeps twice, I then pull throttle down to 0% and it beeps a few times followed by a long beep. I then power both off and do this for all 4 ESCs ( i think this is setting throttle range ). Then I connect them back to the board and the board back to the receiver and the same thing as above happens.

Any ideas? The throttle trim is at 0 when I do this (at least I think it is, i press it down until it low beeps).
robodeath is offline Find More Posts by robodeath
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2013, 05:41 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Auckland NZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,716 Posts
Turn it on and while its beeping lower the throttle trim till the beeping stops. With luck the beeping will stop at some point during lowering the throttle trim
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old May 13, 2013, 05:46 PM
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Oct 2006
93 Posts
Just tried setting the throttle trim to 50% and powering it all on, then arming it and turning the trim all the way down while throttle is at 0%, still no go. I'm about to reflash it with quadcopter 4.5, it seems it came with xcopter 2.9 which i believe is X setup and I want + setup.
Old May 13, 2013, 06:12 PM
Joined Oct 2006
93 Posts
Ok that does the same thing, i'm at a loss now. I did notice that only 3 of the ESCs do this, when I arm it one of them works and actually spins as I increase throttle. I've plugged it into all of the ports on the board and it works in all ports but the others just beep.
Old May 13, 2013, 06:23 PM
Joined Oct 2006
93 Posts
Ok, I fixed it. Turns out, on this transmitter, the middle point of throttle trim is 0, where I thought the very bottom was 0. I reprogrammed all the ESCs one at a time with the trim in the middle and they all work now.
Old May 14, 2013, 04:11 AM
Joined Mar 2009
84 Posts
I also have the same problem with a kk2 but 3 motors spin up and motor 1 just sits there beeping at me ive tried everything here but no go
if I connect the speedy to the receiver its fine]
does anyone have a idear
tazmadman is offline Find More Posts by tazmadman
Old May 14, 2013, 02:57 PM
Joined Oct 2006
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmadman View Post
I also have the same problem with a kk2 but 3 motors spin up and motor 1 just sits there beeping at me ive tried everything here but no go
if I connect the speedy to the receiver its fine]
does anyone have a idear
Try this with the 1 that won't work.

Remove props
Connect it to the receiver.
Turn on transmitter, make sure your throttle trim is IN THE MIDDLE.
Pull the throttle stick all the way up.
Power on reciever
ESC should beep twice (if you have the same one I do)
Pull the throttle stick all the way down
ESC should beep, then long beep
Disconnect power, connect it all back up.

The trick for me was to make sure the throttle trim was in the middle.