HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
166 Posts
You should do that in a clean magnetic field. Do you have something around that can interfere with natural magnetic field ?
mirceacul is offline Find More Posts by mirceacul
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:55 PM
Joined Sep 2012
41 Posts
Keep phone keys and other metal objects away from the FC!
platinumhobbies is offline Find More Posts by platinumhobbies
Old Apr 15, 2014, 01:07 PM
Joined Mar 2008
14 Posts
OK I'll try that.

One other point how good is the latest FC software and android app? Is it worth updating?
wreckdiveruk is offline Find More Posts by wreckdiveruk
Old Apr 15, 2014, 02:37 PM
Norway, Troms, Skjervoy
Joined Jul 2012
605 Posts
i have been struggeling with the firmware the last eayr. but now im very happy after the last update .
bjornthans is online now Find More Posts by bjornthans
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SAR on Visit.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 02:42 PM
Joined Sep 2012
41 Posts
I always update mine after about a week or two after release (just incase if there is any issues) and recommend all others to do so as well!
platinumhobbies is offline Find More Posts by platinumhobbies
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:27 PM
Joined Mar 2008
14 Posts
I updated the software to the latest version and it calibrated just fine so thanks guys.

What flight mode do you guys mostly fly in for standard and aggressive flight and can you hit RTH whilst moving quickly or will it freak out?
wreckdiveruk is offline Find More Posts by wreckdiveruk
Old Apr 17, 2014, 04:17 AM
Joined Sep 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckdiveruk View Post
I updated the software to the latest version and it calibrated just fine so thanks guys.

What flight mode do you guys mostly fly in for standard and aggressive flight and can you hit RTH whilst moving quickly or will it freak out?
I try to avoid switching from manual mode to hover/gps mode while flying aggressively because of what I've read in this thread. Some people reported in the past that zerouav doesn't behave well in this case and there also a warning about this in the manual.

Wish I knew if there were any improvements done in the more recent firmwares to overcome this issue.

Sometimes we need to fly at higher speeds and this is not possible in Hover/GPS mode (speed is limited to about 30km/h) so I need to switch to manual. It scares me knowing that if I make the smallest mistake (such as lose orientation while the frame is far away from me) there's no way to recover from that.

Some of the shots in this clip were taken at around 100km/h and I wish there was a safer way to take them:
Tess Rally 2014 - Aerial View (2 min 26 sec)

I wish the zerouav community was bigger and more active and wish we had better support. I had high expectations from zerouav and hoped that they ended DJI's dominance but it looks like we will be stuck with another Apple like company for the rest of our lives.
pmijoiu is offline Find More Posts by pmijoiu
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:09 AM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
1,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornthans View Post
i have been struggeling with the firmware the last eayr. but now im very happy after the last update .
Where to download the new firmware? And the release note I want to see what change and improvement I abandon my x4 for over a year now it been sitting in FUBAR bin. Would love to have it up in the air again

Thanks
Askyvision is offline Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:39 AM
Norway, Troms, Skjervoy
Joined Jul 2012
605 Posts
mine was also given up for some time. it is now on a t960 photoship with zeroosd and the whole shebang :-)

http://www.zerouav.com/en/service/Download/Firmware/
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:14 PM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
1,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornthans View Post
mine was also given up for some time. it is now on a t960 photoship with zeroosd and the whole shebang :-)

http://www.zerouav.com/en/service/Download/Firmware/
I had a brand new t960 and was about to have WKM on it but if your whole shebang promising ongoing your route. You mind list all your whole shebang ?

My t960 with 680pro canopy and rct s800 retract. thanks buddy

Was 20141202 is the latest for ys-x4?
Askyvision is offline Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Apr 17, 2014, 02:46 PM
Norway, Troms, Skjervoy
Joined Jul 2012
605 Posts
juup it is the latest. and it is unlimeted also
i was a quick trip out now in the garden and did some tuning because i just put the x4 on and removed a naza v2. and i must say. zerouav really have done their homework now and it flies like a dream. need to tune the gps hold still but i just fittet my gimbal back on, so im sure it will be ok.

my "shebang" is. the x4 controller,wifi,currentsensor and zerosd.http://www.goodluckbuy.com/zero-osd-...r-support.html

i originaly bought this for a 680 who flew great, until i updated the firmware. and after having problem with unstable machine and strange startup safety measurements i put it on the shelf.
but now its back and doing good it flies so great and have alot of nice functions like waypoints and ptz lock etz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askyvision View Post
I had a brand new t960 and was about to have WKM on it but if your whole shebang promising ongoing your route. You mind list all your whole shebang ?

My t960 with 680pro canopy and rct s800 retract. thanks buddy

Was 20141202 is the latest for ys-x4?
RCG Plus Member