HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:53 PM
What is a controlled landing?
United States, WI, Sun Prairie
Joined Feb 2013
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagr View Post
@MassiveOverkill, can you please check you PMs. There have been some issues with your shop not showing the prices because of an error message:

You cannot place a new order from your country. Undefined

Doesn't seem to care where people are from (one was from USA, one from Australia and I'm from Finland). Also changing the shipping address doesn't help.
He isn't accepting any new orders until he gets his backlog of orders taken care of. He posted a page or so back that he will be turning that feature back on in a day or 2.
bebeep89 is offline Find More Posts by bebeep89
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2014, 02:12 PM
it was just a bumpy landing...
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
2,736 Posts
Had a ton of fun getting to finally meet you guys face to face. Romeo and James are not only top notch guys here on the forums but just the same in person. It was an absolute pleasure and blast getting to hang out with them on Friday. Having people like them in this community is what makes it so enjoyable.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Apr 10, 2014, 05:30 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,480 Posts
Hey Jamie, the pleasure was all ours. It's too bad we didn't get to hang out more. Guys, the store is back open
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2014, 03:23 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,835 Posts
MO, James, Jamie, so glad that you guys have fun at the show. Thanks for the photo drop. Hurray to reopening MassiveRC. Lots of customers were waiting. Cheers.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Apr 11, 2014, 04:28 PM
Joined Jan 2014
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Guys, the store is back open
Unfortunately I'm still getting the same error.
mahagr is offline Find More Posts by mahagr
Old Apr 11, 2014, 06:34 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,581 Posts
Where are you?
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS
Old Apr 12, 2014, 01:04 AM
Joined Jan 2014
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYOS View Post
Where are you?
Finland. Not sure if massive ships to here, but they do have my country listed as possible destination. The issue is that I cannot even see the prices, regardless of which address I give.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 06:35 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
562 Posts
Quote:
Finland. Not sure if massive ships to here, but they do have my country listed as possible destination. The issue is that I cannot even see the prices, regardless of which address I give.
Same problem here in the UK.

Ever since the Day I found the site about a Year ago I intermittently visit, but there has never been any prices shown. I don't think there's an add to cart option either but I'm not 100% on this.
ZeRoEXPO is online now Find More Posts by ZeRoEXPO
Old Apr 12, 2014, 07:00 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,480 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoEXPO View Post
Same problem here in the UK.

Ever since the Day I found the site about a Year ago I intermittently visit, but there has never been any prices shown. I don't think there's an add to cart option either but I'm not 100% on this.
The software detects your address by IP. UK guests should have no problem seeing prices. If you're using a VPN or satellite internet, it could be the reason why you can't see prices or order. I've had to disable Italy and France due to scammers. I do have Finland enabled.

SeriousFlier couldn't order from our website (he's in the US) until I added his IP address to our whitelist. You have to be very trusting to do this however. Lastly, make sure your PayPal address is FULLY verified as I will no longer take risks not shipping to FULLY verified shipping addresses. If PayPal can't verify I can always put items up on Fleabay, but you're going to pay more.

Really guys........it's not economically viable for you international blokes to purchase from us (except North American customers). If there's something we carry that no one else has or if you're doing it for service, that's one thing, but buying from Banggood should get you your stuff much faster and cheaper.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2014, 08:58 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,516 Posts
MassiveRC\HiSky: Shop is open for business again ;)

I know. I have IP ranges blacklisted because hackers were trying to hack my site. Often times from computers that they compromised. So the unsuspecting, legitimate people ends up being blocked.

It's crazy to see what goes on daily in the black area of the internet. As easy as it is to flame a fellow netizen from the comforts of your bed, it is the same with hacking and attempting to scam online sites. It's very worth their wild for many people of this world.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Apr 12, 2014, 09:13 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I know. I have IP ranges blacklisted because hackers were trying to hack my site. Often times from computers that they compromised. So the unsuspecting, legitimate people ends up being blocked.

It's crazy to see what goes on daily in the black area of the internet. As easy as it is to flame a fellow netizen from the comforts of your bed, it is the same with hacking and attempting to scam online sites. It's very worth their wild for many people of this world.
That makes sense.

I've just done a IP lookup on the phone that I post from using a browser called Opera Mini, and I'm apparently in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia. Lol.

I'll remember to use a standard PC at my local public library when browsing your site or should I want to order something.
ZeRoEXPO is online now Find More Posts by ZeRoEXPO
Old Apr 13, 2014, 02:35 AM
Joined Jan 2014
74 Posts
Often IP addresses get moved from country to another as ISPs in rich coutries keep on buying them for their growing customer base. IPv6 was supposed to fix this, but, well, it has never really got popular in rich countries because of the potential issues (many software still doesn't support IPv6).

Basically this means that IP ranges need to be updated almost weekly to keep up on changing countries.

What I hope from Massive site is to have the prices and shipping costs public even if adding products to cart was disabled. Most of the times non-US people might end up buying the products from elsewhere, but there may be some products which are hard to find in stock elsewhere. I've bought products from sites before, where I've not had option to make purchase directly from the shop. But in order to do that I need to know two things: the price (including postage) and some instructions on how to make a manual order.

I guess I just would like to see a bit better error message and the prices even if Massive didn't ship the products to my country. It all started when someone in this forum pointed me to a spare part I desperately needed but which weren't in stock anywhere else but in MassiveRC site.