HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Apr 2008
45 Posts
Discussion
Slowing Down Electric Retracts

Hello All:

I am having trouble thinking this one through.

I am considering buying a plane that comes with flaps, servos, 2.4 receiver, and electric retracts already installed. Can I adjust the speed of the flaps and retracts with my Aurora 9 TX's delay feature?

Or would I have to change the installed RX to a Hitec Optima RX in order for the RX to comminicate correctly with my Aurora 9 TX?

OR will the delay feature not work at all with electric retracts?

I realize there are aftermarket sequencers available that would probably have a delay feature, but I was hoping to avoid any additional electronic pieces or weight.

Thanks for your help.

John T.
jptonks is offline Find More Posts by jptonks
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2012, 04:11 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,084 Posts
If these are electric retracts with the motors built in, then they cannot be slowed down, except by running on lower voltage. The ones I've seen run at a very scale speed.
Mechanical retracts operated by a servo are also normally not able to have the speed controlled from the radio. Spektrum does make a very high torque proportional retract servo that can be slowed from the radio.
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2