Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSa2 View Post
Just saw my questions answered

Markus,
I was following that thread, do you still sell your tx? I have understood that you don't, at least are not very intrested in making them for selling
Well, initially I was giving the transmitters away for the pure material cost. That was a bad idea on my part as all of a sudden too many people wanted one. Even though demand was not that big (based on one post here no wonder) but I ended up being tied up with some days of work just to make this happen. Obviosely I could not continue like this and thus had to increase the price to also compensate a bit for the work involved in makeing one. They are 100% hand made and tested as Im not intersted in entering high volume mas production.

At the price I now have to ask for one ($120) things are ok now for me and hopefully those who have one. In other words, if you or anyone else for that matter is interested in getting one just send me a PM.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:10 AM
Joined May 2010
235 Posts
Just to be sure

Thank you guys

These are the same receivers?
Most of the sellers does provide very pure specification
Whats the operating voltage of FoxTech (I ask that becouse I saw 5v and 12v models on dpcav)?
HiModel does not specify nor operating voltage nor operating bands

FOXTECH $25.99 + $32 shipping = $57.99
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-58...iver-p-181.html

BEVRC $38.5 + $16 shipping = $54.5
http://www.bevrc.com/bev-58ghz-pocke...p-24.html#show

HIMODEL $25.52 + $9.88 shipping = $35.40
http://www.himodel.com/electric/FPV_...ceiver_RX.html

DPCAV $44.99 + $28.31 shipping = $73.30
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...cat=278&page=1

HOBBYWIRELESS $29.99 + $11.35 shipping = $41.34
http://hobbywireless.com/cart/index....roducts_id=407

READYMADERC $28.99 + $4.33 USPS ?? = $23.32 out of stock
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=365

lowpricerc sells only combos

PS. shipping to Europe
aSa2 is offline Find More Posts by aSa2
Last edited by aSa2; Jun 07, 2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:15 AM
Joined May 2010
235 Posts
Markus, now its clear
Just one more question
In your thread you gave an idea (at least how i understood that) that foxtech 200mW is almost as good as yours, except the filtering, am i wrong?

Thanks for patience with me
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:26 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2,717 Posts
Quote:
Markus, now its clear
Just one more question
In your thread you gave an idea (at least how i understood that) that foxtech 200mW is almost as good as yours, except the filtering, am i wrong?

Thanks for patience with me
If you are on a tight budget, the standard transmitter will be ok for you I think. The standard tx I initially had, soon had issues with the connectors. One of the reasons why I created mine. I recommend you to solder the cables directly in with the standard tx and this way you should be safe. The standard one is also almost double the weight and bigger, and the noise filter is not as good as the filter used in mine.

I think a lot of people are happy with the standard transmitter. I don't see a reason why someone MUST buy mine. It's an offer from my end for those searching for a better tx for the formentioned reasons. It's surely better quality (size, weight, filtering, connectors etc.). If you don't buy one, I have more spartime to spend on (finally) building my new FPV platform so I have no problem with that! If you buy one, I will be happy to make you one too. So either way it's fine with me.

Markus
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:40 AM
Joined May 2010
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
If you are on a tight budget, the standard transmitter will be ok for you I think. The standard tx I initially had, soon had issues with the connectors. One of the reasons why I created mine. I recommend you to solder the cables directly in with the standard tx and this way you should be safe. The standard one is also almost double the weight and bigger, and the noise filter is not as good as the filter used in mine.

I think a lot of people are happy with the standard transmitter. I don't see a reason why someone MUST buy mine. It's an offer from my end for those searching for a better tx for the formentioned reasons. It's surely better quality (size, weight, filtering, connectors etc.). If you don't buy one, I have more spartime to spend on (finally) building my new FPV platform so I have no problem with that! If you buy one, I will be happy to make you one too. So either way it's fine with me.

Markus
Thanks Markus,
I think i will seal some time from your new fpv platform, just a couple of days later, if that is fine
PS. do you have any comment on the list of receivers (post 152), it is a bit strange about prices of the same rx (if those are the same) in range $26 to $45
Old Jun 07, 2011, 08:06 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2,717 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Markus,
I think i will seal some time from your new fpv platform, just a couple of days later, if that is fine
PS. do you have any comment on the list of receivers (post 152), it is a bit strange about prices of the same rx (if those are the same) in range $26 to $45
Sure, no problem.

There is no difference from a technical standpoint of view. They are all the same. Choose the best offering for you. Usually that's the one where you at the same time also find other things you need to save on shipping.

Markus
Old Jun 07, 2011, 11:00 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,238 Posts
My plan of testing tonight has not worked. All my luck my wife isn't home so I need to look after the kids and can't go out. Next week then

Looks like I will just have to make another antenna tonight to test then.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Jun 07, 2011, 01:15 PM
FPV from Lithuania
Lithuania
Joined Mar 2007
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
My plan of testing tonight has not worked. All my luck my wife isn't home so I need to look after the kids and can't go out. Next week then

Looks like I will just have to make another antenna tonight to test then.
What antenna you planing to make?
I have CL, SPW, Helical. I need one more CP antenna
When i got all posible CP antennas, i will test it out on field and pick best match for my flying style.
vipix is offline Find More Posts by vipix
Old Jun 07, 2011, 03:00 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipix View Post
What antenna you planing to make?
I have CL, SPW, Helical. I need one more CP antenna
When i got all posible CP antennas, i will test it out on field and pick best match for my flying style.
I am looking at the basic IBCrazy antennas at his basic measurements. I want to see what my antennas are rated at so i can pick the est channel to use them on and if I make antennas again I will know how to best use them.

I am just making the SPW, CL and helical. I am waiting for the new tutorial on the patch cp that IBCrazy will bring out.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Jun 08, 2011, 02:39 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,017 Posts
Not sure what noise filter are you talking...
If I get the module alone, and power it directly from a single lipo cell, just the connector, is there any noise issue?
Generated by who, which band and influencing what equipment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post

Markus
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jun 08, 2011, 03:11 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Not sure what noise filter are you talking...
If I get the module alone, and power it directly from a single lipo cell, just the connector, is there any noise issue?
Generated by who, which band and influencing what equipment ?
Noise from the battery because of the motor.
Standard transmitter has filtering, but not the best one.

Single lipo cell to a 3,3V transmitter.
Not that good idea, if you want that your transmitter is living a little longer.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Jun 08, 2011, 03:15 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,017 Posts
Ok, will consider a low drop 3.3V regulator.
But I have some hours of flight with this setup and it is not hot at all !
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jun 08, 2011, 03:16 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Your transmitter module will thank you for that.

Just some filtering before the 3,3V reg and you can power it from the 5V BEC of the ESC.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Jun 08, 2011, 03:50 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
Your transmitter module will thank you for that.

Just some filtering before the 3,3V reg and you can power it from the 5V BEC of the ESC.
There are two versions of the module available. One comes already with a low drop regulator INTEGRATED. However, if the voltage fed into it is high, it gets hot (as it's only a linear regulator).

In answering your other question, my post centred around using the transmitter powered off the ESC which probably most people do. Using a DEDICATED battery as the power source is of course also a way to avoid said noise.

Markus
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:42 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Mar 2008
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
At last I have done the editing of my video and I can tell the world of my first test with my 6 turn helical. Over the weekend I did a little flight and here is what happened. I was hoping to go further but for some reason there was some interference or I might have stuffed my video RX during the search for the RSSI. They no longer output rssi so I might have damaged my range.

I am going to try again soon as I wanted to go about 8km and since I have gone 3km with just the cloverleaf and SPW I am sure it is possible.

I would like to thank IBCrazy for his awesome tutorials on antenna building and markus123456 for building me the cloverleaf and SPW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ftUUtNwmQ

or

vimeo

http://vimeo.com/23914040

It has music too. NO autopilot was used at anytime. I just can't set it up working so ... who needs it anyway :P

edit : oh when I said I wasn't scared when the video was just about lost .. it is true. I wasn't scared at all ... I was just having a warm moment in my pants. There is a small town below me and I am sure they would love a foam plane coming to visit for dinner.

edit : now gone out to 5.9km but needed to turn back because of thunder storm. More range can be had.

This probably in the thread somewhere but can someone provide me the link to the build thread for the 6 turn helical for 5.8? I've done pretty good with the CL antennas and sure would like to get more range on my 200mw system.

Thanks,
ttucker is offline Find More Posts by ttucker