Old Nov 26, 2011, 04:45 AM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oviroble View Post
Hi Pilots!

Anybody knows what is going on with the PNP version?
I am still waiting to come back on stock :-(
Discontinued I believe??? I may be wrong.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2011, 07:39 AM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
942 Posts
Quote:
Discontinued I believe??? I may be wrong.
Not sure if you are right or wrong, but the Bind and Fly version is still available at Horizon..
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:36 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,411 Posts
The pnp was out of stock for quite some time then came back available a few weeks ago. Haven't checked recently, but sounds like it's back to out of stock already. I would hope they don't discontinue, it's the only similar thing that Horizon has in its line up. It amazes me that they don't have more foam symmetrical airfoil planes in their lineup. The just keep coming out with more warbird types, but no new aerobatic or 3d type foam planes. I wish they would come out with a profile 3d foamy - looks like they are missing a chance here. It seems that nobody has these as a complete package (plane, servos, motor, esc) either in kit or bnf, pnp, etc.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 26, 2011, 06:07 PM
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Jun 2010
432 Posts
I want them to come out with a full fuse Edge, with 3d-capable wing loading, control surfaces, and..... maybe a blue and white color scheme.

Charles
ccpdx is offline Find More Posts by ccpdx
Old Nov 26, 2011, 09:30 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
1,814 Posts
Extra 300 v2 3d will be awesome or E 260 also the EDGE or maybe a CAP. I will kept both one for throw some sonic boom doing knife edge and the other to float around inverted
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Nov 27, 2011, 03:17 AM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
I wish they would make a 3d plane as well. I love flying foam but my 300 was my last parkzone purchase because they don't have anything that'll 3d.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Nov 28, 2011, 09:37 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,132 Posts
Hope everyone had a good holiday. Didn't get any work done on the rebuild of the Extra until today. Swapped the bullets on the Value Hobby Ge-Force motor and installed it with the Custom RCParts mount in the new Fuselage. I ended up using some centering rings that come with props to make spacers to go in between the mount and the firewall along with some longer and thicker mounting screws. It is a very solid installation will post a picture latter. Mounted the rudder and elevator servos, the ESC, Rx and landing gear. Did a few tests of the motor with an MAS 11x6 prop. Very smooth and seems to be at least as powerful as stock if not more so. I will check it with the power meter and post results soon. Nothing left to do but plug the wings back in, check the actual CG (a first for me) and fly it. Looks like it will be Wednesday before the weather cooperates.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:54 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,132 Posts
Ready to fly again, just waiting for the wind and rain to quit. CG checked and set (yeah) only had to scoot the battery back about an 1/8 of an inch. Hooked up the power meter for a couple of tests. With E-Flite 2100 20c 3s battery and MAS 11x6 prop average of 3 pulls was 430 watts / 36.6 amps. As these were static tests it will be somewhat less in the air. Need to get a fishing scale so I can check thrust. Feels like it is pulling harder than stock and the motor is supposed to be Equivalent to E-Flite Power 15. May have to put in either the 40 or 50 amp ESCs I have in reserve if I run a 12x6 prop.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:19 AM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
394 Posts
Got to say I love you pilot Marcoeldragon, how did you get him in there ?
Mach3 is offline Find More Posts by Mach3
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:41 AM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,499 Posts
Yeah, thats one Snooped up Extra!
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nearly done!!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:22 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,132 Posts
Glad you guys like my pilot. Snoopy was a childhood hero of mine even if he did get shot down by the Baron. I sculpted the head out of light weight spackle and added goggles and nose made from air hardening modeling clay. I cut through the canopy floor around the stock pilot removed his head and Super glued the Snoopy head on. It fit back snug but added a couple pieces of clear tape on the underside of the canopy.

Silent, I loved the pun!
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:20 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,132 Posts
Was able at long last to get some flights in with the new motor and rebuilt Extra. Flew 3 batteries today and all went great. Trimmed out nicely on the first flight with only 2 clicks on the ailerons and 3 on the elevator. The new motor does have more power than stock and is more quiet and smooth. I was able to KE at a touch more than 1/2 throttle on low rates and climb was improved too. For those in need of a cheaper motor this is something to consider. More flights and tests to come over the weekend.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 04:24 AM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,499 Posts
Ya welcome!!
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nearly done!!
Old Dec 02, 2011, 02:17 PM
Monument, CO
Joined May 2009
174 Posts
Check out post #1026 for how I pulled the pilot figure for repainting and/or replacement. Similar to Marco's but allows a slightly different way to pull and repaint/replace. An important reminder if you do repaint the stock pilot - only use acrylic paint. I used enamel on part of my original repaint and it never did dry. Reacted with the rubbery pilot material somehow. So I'm on my second stock, repainted pilot figure. I'm thinking "Lego" for the next one...
reflective1 is offline Find More Posts by reflective1
Old Dec 02, 2011, 03:22 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,132 Posts
Reflective1 it was your post that inspired my Snoopy pilot. Thanks for giving me the idea.