SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 05, 2015, 01:39 AM
Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
4,320 Posts
The ubiquituous red JST ones.

Make sure you get prewired ones with silicone wire, as the cheaper sets I've seen yet were made with quite sturdy, prone to break soon, PVC insulated cables.

You may also ask Glen from www.rc-connectors.com who will send you good quality ones fast.
(not sure if he still is in business as his site is down)
As a budget solution you may ask for a snipped connector of an old, defective battery everyone has at home.

I could provide you with one, but overseas shipping wouldn't be effective there. Maybe another, more local fellow here could help you out.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2015, 01:39 AM
Find More Posts by stringrazor
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
3,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptych View Post
Great info, thanks Mike, and thanks for the offer but I guess I'll just stop being lazy and rewire it myself.... but can you guess my next question? Where can I get a JST connector, and exactly which JST connector is it that I need? Wikipedia says there are a dozen different types.
search ebay for "jst connector 2 pin"
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Jul 05, 2015, 01:41 AM
Find More Posts by Pedro147
Australia, ACT, Narrabundah
Joined Jan 2015
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
Unfortunately the manual vanished from different online places recently. Even Walkera doesn't provide it any more. So download as long as the link above is valid.

-mike-
Thanks Mike but I had no excuses as I had already downloaded it a while ago. I have hosted in on my Mediafire account for posterity http://www.mediafire.com/view/g324dx...ser_Manual.pdf

Pedro147 is offline Find More Posts by Pedro147
Last edited by Pedro147; Jul 05, 2015 at 01:50 AM.
Old Jul 05, 2015, 11:16 AM
Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Team Armattan
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Apr 2012
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptych View Post
Great info, thanks Mike, and thanks for the offer but I guess I'll just stop being lazy and rewire it myself.... but can you guess my next question? Where can I get a JST connector, and exactly which JST connector is it that I need? Wikipedia says there are a dozen different types.
When you do get your jst connectors, dont forget to double check for correct polarity.
Jon.M.Barter is online now Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Aug 03, 2015, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by John Hendry
John Hendry
Joined Oct 2013
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
When you do get your jst connectors, dont forget to double check for correct polarity.
Yes... I got some 4mm bullet connector charge leads direct from reputable Gen Ace to use with their batteries I ordered and they came reversed... couldn't believe it. It happens....
John Hendry is offline Find More Posts by John Hendry
Old Aug 04, 2015, 02:21 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
3,077 Posts
My friend's Devo 10E came in (replacing his 7E). After rehearsal last night (we have an acoustic band doing mostly original songs and have a gig in a few days), I quickly loaded the 10E version of Deviation 4.01 and then copied over the models from his 7E. His SuperX quad was able to bind using DSM2 to the 10E and the ESCs armed but we couldn't get the props to spin unless we gave it full right rudder while increasing throttle.

It was late and I knew almost nothing about the 10E so I didn't spend any time trying to find out what was going wrong.. I did go through stick Calibration after loading Deviation. Any idea why I'd see such odd behavior? Are ini files from Deviation for a 7E compatible with the 10E?

The 7E was probably running a later nightly, so I'm having my friend update to the latest nightly to see if that resolves the issue. If not, aside from re-building the ini file from scratch, any suggestions?
Old Aug 04, 2015, 02:29 PM
Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Team Armattan
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Apr 2012
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
My friend's Devo 10E came in (replacing his 7E). After rehearsal last night (we have an acoustic band doing mostly original songs and have a gig in a few days), I quickly loaded the 10E version of Deviation 4.01 and then copied over the models from his 7E. His SuperX quad was able to bind using DSM2 to the 10E and the ESCs armed but we couldn't get the props to spin unless we gave it full right rudder while increasing throttle.

It was late and I knew almost nothing about the 10E so I didn't spend any time trying to find out what was going wrong.. I did go through stick Calibration after loading Deviation. Any idea why I'd see such odd behavior? Are ini files from Deviation for a 7E compatible with the 10E?

The 7E was probably running a later nightly, so I'm having my friend update to the latest nightly to see if that resolves the issue. If not, aside from re-building the ini file from scratch, any suggestions?
they are compatible, however, there will be some oddities because the devo 7e does not have the same channels/mixes/switches layout as the devo 10 does.

the order of ael, throttle, rud, elevator, etc need to be set to match the model. So you might have to do some switching around for that particular model.
Jon.M.Barter is online now Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Aug 04, 2015, 02:39 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
3,077 Posts
I don't understand re. order of channels - isn't that determined by the protocol chosen? Using a deviation model built on a 7E for the 10E shouldn't change that, right?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 02:22 PM
Find More Posts by Fast AF
Joined Jun 2015
128 Posts
Hi

I have this swivel antenna from an old 2.4Ghz radio, I`d like to do the Daryoon swivel antenna mod, thing is this is thin, about 1mm thick, the original antenna is much thicker.
I will use it on a CC2500 Frsky module. Should I, or just order some thicker antenna from BG?

Alternatively, I have a receiver with an antenna that has the insulation shredded to bits in multiple places from getting into some propeller business, would it be better to replace that one with this? Its about 15cm long.

Fast AF is offline Find More Posts by Fast AF