SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 15, 2014, 08:11 AM
Joined Jun 2014
27 Posts
Discussion
Help Troubleshooting my RC swap

Hey guys, hope every one's doing fine. I am a new user and the reason why I became a user is that I have been trying to swap the RC system of a NEW BRIGHT manufactured truck into an old car. Now its almost complete as I fabricated the car's internal structure every thing was working well until last night when suddenly when I turned it on with the battery inserted, it steered to left. I tried to fiddle with the remote controller and it tries to steer to right if I turn it from the controller, but again turns to left even if the controller has no batteries in it. I don't know much about electronics but I think there's something broken or missing. And i should mention that other three controls work fine.
Help me Please. Thanks.
dosimeter is offline Find More Posts by dosimeter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2014, 08:27 AM
Joined Jun 2014
27 Posts
update: After I posted this thread, nothing is working. just steering to left as you turn it on. It isn't even responding to controller.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:51 AM
RCP Me!
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Nov 2007
1,865 Posts
Post up some pics of the installation. Are you using the controller that's original to the board?
fastmax is offline Find More Posts by fastmax
Old Jun 15, 2014, 02:36 PM
Joined Jun 2014
27 Posts
Yes the controller is original.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:07 AM
Joined Jun 2014
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax View Post
Post up some pics of the installation. Are you using the controller that's original to the board?
The controller is original. What could possibly be wrong?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:11 PM
Joined Jun 2014
27 Posts
anyone???
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:06 PM
Joined Jun 2014
27 Posts
Nobody here??
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:24 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,685 Posts
I would like to help, but I don't fully get what you are trying to do. Are you trying to put more modern radio gear into an old car? What components? That board on the pics does not look familiar to me, I'm afraid.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:27 PM
Joined Jun 2014
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
I would like to help, but I don't fully get what you are trying to do. Are you trying to put more modern radio gear into an old car? What components? That board on the pics does not look familiar to me, I'm afraid.
basically I did not change anything. I just took out the board and the motors from one car and put them into another one. And it's not working. I can post some close-up pics of the board if you want.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 06:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
519 Posts
OK i can follow what your asking 4..
In the switch you must have either shorted something out . or broke a wire or a weak solder joint.so test all those wiggle wires.. take a awl or scribe (harden steel pin or a nail will work) and push on solder joint .. So if you have other units just take those electronics out carefully and switch those ..
so am I in the same ball park ?
tntpoof is offline Find More Posts by tntpoof
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:33 AM
Joined Jun 2014
27 Posts
Do you mean on/off switch??
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosimeter View Post
Do you mean on/off switch??
No the removing one and putting in another. that is the switch not the on off switch.. the actual exchange of electronics..
tntpoof is offline Find More Posts by tntpoof
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 17, 2014, 02:49 PM
RCP Me!
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Nov 2007
1,865 Posts
I don't see in the pics that the board is actually installed in anything. It sounds to me like there is something on the board shorting out. Is there anything making contact anywhere with the board?
fastmax is offline Find More Posts by fastmax
Old Jun 17, 2014, 07:39 PM
Joined Jun 2014
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax View Post
I don't see in the pics that the board is actually installed in anything. It sounds to me like there is something on the board shorting out. Is there anything making contact anywhere with the board?
well, i took it out for pictures, it is still out, i can connect the battery when it is out. Nothing is making contact with the board other than the antenna, the battery and the motors
Old Jun 19, 2014, 02:54 PM
Joined Jun 2014
27 Posts
???