to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:25 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,908 Posts
Trader Rating: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela31 View Post
I dont see how PayPal has anything to do with this now the pakage was received, now its up to the post office and him and me. and he does'nt understand that they may send some one out to look at the pakage,,He's still wants my address to send it back, to dam stupped to look at his PayPal receipt, I should just let him do his thing.
Gary
Your Right...Paypal is outta the picture when shipper has damaged the item...What the shipper will do is inspect the item shipped and see if they can blame it on you for item not boxed well....if you've done well on it..and taped down items that could possibly bounce around and damage the item...Your good...it might take a bit of hasslin with them...They'll try all the ropes of denial...but if you've Boxed it in a good manner...You should be OK...and they'll pay for the item...I don't remember if you had it insured or not...but if you did..that's a great lever on your side...I went round and round with one Company....and the item was insured buy the seller...so I kept at them after 2 denials...and used the insurance of the Package as my leverage....I kept asking this fella what good is it to have an item insured if you don't honor it...then why are you insuring Packages and don't Pay for them when your company crushed the Box..They caved...and Paid my Claim...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:04 PM
P31
United States, WA, Spanaway
Joined Dec 2011
600 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
I am the seller and I did have Ins. on the item, but, It Dont Matter how good you pack it when a box or forklift trys to puss it thru a wall. you can tell just by looking at the box it was pushed very hard. I dont think there is going to be a problem collecting, its the buy'er blaming me for this and I cant get the guy to respond to my Email. So we wait now.
Gary
P31 is offline Find More Posts by P31
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:26 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,361 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
Tell us who the buyer is... Please.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:19 PM
P31
United States, WA, Spanaway
Joined Dec 2011
600 Posts
I dont think thats necessary, Its probably his first time dealing with the dumb ass post office too.
P31 is offline Find More Posts by P31
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:33 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,908 Posts
Quote:
I dont think thats necessary, Its probably his first time dealing with the dumb ass post office too.
Wouldn't sweat it...The Buyer will wake up some day...and finally realize it wasn't your fault...hehehe..

Billy
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:39 AM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
9,217 Posts
My ebay adds show:

NO RETURNS

I offer insurance and let them know IN THE ADD that if there is damage, I will send them the reciept # and that it is THIER job to deal with the carrier.
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:43 PM
United States, FL, Williston
Joined Sep 2012
60 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
With eBay buyer protection posting "No Returns" in your listing means absolutly nothing.
kalikraven is online now Find More Posts by kalikraven
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:06 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
My ebay adds show:

NO RETURNS

I offer insurance and let them know IN THE ADD that if there is damage, I will send them the reciept # and that it is THIER job to deal with the carrier.
It's also been discussed many times before.......Insurance is to protect the one shipping, not the recipient. It's the sellers/shippers job to make sure the buyer gets the product he paid for in the condition it was described, or he gets his money back. If there is damage, it is the seller/shipper that must file the claim, and not the buyers problem to sort it out.

If you ship without insurance and the package is lost or damaged, it will be you that is on the hook.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:17 PM
Everything is Upgradeable.
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Aug 2010
1,036 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Quote:
often it is the "dumb" seller that reuses boxes or doesnt know how to package. all mail goes on belts and into containers. this adds weight to your box at 48" high, sometimes even more if its a larger container. we the dumb people that ship to you every day cant separate a box because it says fragile. but then you knew all this since we are dumb.
postalflyer72 is offline Find More Posts by postalflyer72
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:02 PM
United States, FL, Williston
Joined Sep 2012
60 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
I'm also a USPS employee (Clerk) and have seen people mail fragile items like glass picture frames and other fragile objects without making any attempt to properly package them. It has resulted in denied insurance claims. If I was going to Alexander Grahm Bell's first lightbulb I just might double box it and use some styrafoam instead of shoving it into a box. The same applies for RC stuff and especially planes. Double box them. Do not ship them in the shelf box and expect a styrafoam plane to make it cross country shipped the cheapest way.
kalikraven is online now Find More Posts by kalikraven
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:28 PM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,904 Posts
Trader Rating: 105
Alexander Grahm Bell didn't have anything to do with the light bulb...
Tesla and Edison did
Now if were talking about phones.......
fnlrun is online now Find More Posts by fnlrun
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:49 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,203 Posts
Trader Rating: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlrun View Post
Alexander Grahm Bell didn't have anything to do with the light bulb...
Tesla and Edison did
Now if were talking about phones.......
If we're doing lessons today,there should be an apostrophe between the "e" and "r" in your last sentence....just saying...
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:27 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
If we're doing lessons today,there should be an apostrophe between the "e" and "r" in your last sentence....just saying...
And a space after each comma...hehe

Totally agree on the "Double Boxed"..That's one reason I have one member on my don't buy list as well .....His initials start with Topforce....

Billy
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:00 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,203 Posts
Trader Rating: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
And a space after each comma...hehe

Totally agree on the "Double Boxed"..That's one reason I have one member on my don't buy list as well .....His initials start with Topforce....

Billy
AAhhhhh Billy- you got me! lol.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..