HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2014, 05:38 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Jul 2005
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
I'm not sure what you guys feed your Huskies up there ? Must be Berroca or some other after hangover supplement.

No insights into the Tam struts and whether the pin still requires straightening after every other landing ?
LOL!!

The Tams struts are MUCH better than the stock spring legs. The bending, I have found, is on takeoffs more than landings. I have seen the jet come in for a landing already with the leg bent rearward many times before I got the Tams struts.

Either way, the E-flite gear is too small and fragile for the Habu 32 off of grass. Real smooth grass is ok, but who has that? In real life, most grass fields are a little rough. The Tams struts are a must for any type of grass IMHO.

I hope this helps.
pylonboy is offline Find More Posts by pylonboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:12 PM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,467 Posts
jayb1rdz, sometimes they do for me as well. Sometimes they even break... This plane doesn't like grass. Today it was pretty windy (15mph) here. I took the Habu for the first flight after a while, and after I installed the Guardian in it. Flew pretty well until the canopy popped off... I then landed in a hurry, and in the landing I exhausted the runway and into the grass. Nose gear pin broke... Nothing else, though...
ysolomon is online now Find More Posts by ysolomon
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:51 AM
Los Angeles, California
Joined Jul 2010
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazzarious View Post
I'm setting up a 9s Habu and have a couple questions about what people are using/recommending for the following:

1. Bullet connector size for electronics?
2. Are you using a BEC or receiver battery?
3. Key weight saving tips?

I've found a lot of posts already in this thread but thought it would be worth asking for fresh input.
Using a BEC and the Scorpion backup guard as a redundant receiver pack. Works great, one thing to worry perhaps a bit less about.
drjay is offline Find More Posts by drjay
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2014, 02:46 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pylonboy View Post
LOL!!

The Tams struts are MUCH better than the stock spring legs. The bending, I have found, is on takeoffs more than landings. I have seen the jet come in for a landing already with the leg bent rearward many times before I got the Tams struts.

Either way, the E-flite gear is too small and fragile for the Habu 32 off of grass. Real smooth grass is ok, but who has that? In real life, most grass fields are a little rough. The Tams struts are a must for any type of grass IMHO.

I hope this helps.
Thanks, that's helpful. It's true that the stock struts bend just on takeoff. I sometimes have had to come in with a main hanging due to it sticking in the rear of the well, despite cycling a few times prior to flight to check their operation.

Anyway, last day at the office today prior to holiday break.

I'll need to have a couple of those Berocca myself with the inevitable fluoro green stream in the morning. cheers and best wishes guys.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz