HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2010, 03:41 PM
Joined Apr 2007
34 Posts
Discussion
Getting an extremely bad signal. (DX201, 2.4ghz RangeVideo setup)

Hey all,

After my old DX201's connector burned through (I made this thread) I finally got a new one and just wanted to test it. Months ago, everything worked perfectly fine (until the camera broke).
So I hooked it up to my 1000mw Tx and powered everything up. On my TV, I simply get a blue screen (again, months ago this worked fine with the same equipment). So I was pretty puzzled and hooked the receiver up to my FatShark goggles and at least I got a noticeable video signal, but the quality is really bad and it's full of noise and dropouts.
What could be wrong here? I really don't know what to do anymore. A few months ago, everything worked fine until that camera connector burned. And now I've got this signal problem and have absolutely no idea what to do now. Could the Tx possibly be broken?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Madrox is offline Find More Posts by Madrox
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2010, 04:26 PM
Joined Apr 2007
34 Posts
Okay, the AV cables seem to be the problem. I just tried another pair and it worked fine, on both TV and goggles. Compared to the picture quality on TV, the goggle's quality appears to be rather poor (which is normal I guess?). However, I get something like a permanent interference fringe when using the goggles (on TV I don't get any interference patterns). No matter what I do, it stays in the same spot.
Any ideas?
Madrox is offline Find More Posts by Madrox