SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:31 PM
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
745 Posts
Weird futaba 7c issue (unwanted rudder/throttle mix)

A friend of mine's 7C has a weird problem. Sorry if this has been covered, I wasn't having luck with the search. When I increase the throttle, the rudder moves slightly. It looks like a mix is on but it isn't. I would say about a 20% mix. It is there even after a reset on all model memories. I tried two different receivers (both GWS though) and it has the exact same problem. I unfortunately have not been able to test it on other receivers. Any ideas before I sent this to "hobby services".
hybris is offline Find More Posts by hybris
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:34 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,392 Posts
Sounds like a mechanical problem with the left stick (he uses Mode 2, doesn't he?).
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:52 PM
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanc
Sounds like a mechanical problem with the left stick (he uses Mode 2, doesn't he?).
I thought of a mechanical issue, but I opened it up and didn't see the rudder pot move when the throttle was moved.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:55 PM
Cary, NC
Joined Jul 2005
48 Posts
Sounds like a throttle-to-rudder mix is somehow on. This mix is used for ground handling compensation on takeoff. You might check it by setting the rudder to null or some other value in the mix programming to see if it makes a difference in the rudder travel.
gymguy is offline Find More Posts by gymguy
Last edited by gymguy; Oct 19, 2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:23 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
Go through the menues... My bet is that its in Heli mode instead of Acro.
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Oct 20, 2005, 09:14 AM
Mulit-Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2004
3,209 Posts
And if its in heli mode a mix called REVO will do exactly what you describe.
barracudahockey is online now Find More Posts by barracudahockey
Old Oct 20, 2005, 09:21 AM
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Jan 2005
5,157 Posts
Could be Revo mixing that's enabled.

I've had a similar problem with my 7CH though. Pushing forward on the elevator stick sometimes increases throttle. And pulling back on it decreases throttle. Sometimes it's so bad that the only way to kill the throttle is to hold back on the elevator. It's definately not a mix as giving the transmitter a firm whack usually fixes it.
aragon is offline Find More Posts by aragon
Old Oct 20, 2005, 12:59 PM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,201 Posts
My 7C problem is that when double-clicking on the dial to go back a screen, the command often does not take, it won't go back, and I have to try it again and again. One time, I turned off the transmitter, turned it on, did an operation, then the double-clicked dial worked as it should.

Jim R
JRuggiero is offline Find More Posts by JRuggiero
Old Oct 20, 2005, 09:28 PM
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey
I like that idea but I am pretty sure it is in airplane mode. I'll have to look. Shouldn't the revo mix be disabled by default? I know I did a reset on the model memory.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 09:31 PM
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey
Nope, just checked. It was in acro mode. I also switched it to heli mode and revo mix is off (inh) by default. This makes me to believe that there may be a software issue.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:05 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,730 Posts
Could be a bad pot.. I had an aileron pot get flakey once and it mixed elevator with alieron.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 25, 2005, 06:15 PM
Cary, NC
Joined Jul 2005
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Could be a bad pot.. I had an aileron pot get flakey once and it mixed elevator with alieron.
Charles
This seems like the most likely answer since they are on the same stick and other possibilities have been eliminated.
gymguy is offline Find More Posts by gymguy
Old Jan 20, 2008, 05:35 PM
United States, NC, Clayton
Joined Dec 2005
7 Posts
I have the same issue with the rudder and throttle mix, I found a quick solution to the problem. If you drop your remote on the ground and pick it back up the next time you use it the problem will go away.
wingerit is offline Find More Posts by wingerit
Old Jan 20, 2008, 07:48 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris
A friend of mine's 7C has a weird problem. Sorry if this has been covered, I wasn't having luck with the search. When I increase the throttle, the rudder moves slightly. It looks like a mix is on but it isn't. I would say about a 20% mix. It is there even after a reset on all model memories. I tried two different receivers (both GWS though) and it has the exact same problem. I unfortunately have not been able to test it on other receivers. Any ideas before I sent this to "hobby services".
I had a similar problem of overlapping outputs on two different channels with my 7C... sent it back.. worked normally for a brief period... sent it back again... they replaced it. All is now normal.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Sep 28, 2013, 07:01 PM
Australia, NSW, Temagog
Joined Jun 2012
126 Posts
i have this problem, and whacking it fixes it but it comes back and at bad times now too, anyone know what part it is, mine is an import so no warranty really. ill have to take it apart... the wacking is funny though, must be mechanical, maybe pot related...
haydent is offline Find More Posts by haydent