HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2014, 03:02 AM
Joined Jun 2012
250 Posts
Video
FX070c Full Flight at Park(bought parts to build entire FX070c from ground up)

Ok, I dont know how many time I have said I want this helo, I want a 450 class size 4 channel, so I started this week having each part shipped to me, thats right I am having the entire FX070c shipped piece by piece until I get it all and will reassembled it back the way I want it with mods and improvements, have new heat sinks coming for both motors, will have lites, will beef up any plastic parts that FX company left to fragile, since its going up from ground up with all the bagillion pieces I am doing it MY way so far $68 into the beast, I need 2 more parts to be complete one part the PCB board waiting for banggood to get it in stock $17, that be $85, waiting for the banggood to get the canopy in stock so I can order it, I have the old one if needed but rather have new one, say around $5, so thats $90, that about $20 cheaper for a new whole helo sent, I bought all the parts in 5-6 shipments as I wanted certain parts shipped in certain packages to keep from getting damaged parts, with my luck probably one of these parts will be defective right from the box, but its a project I have a large box to start to collect all the parts in. This project I plan to take detailed pics all the way from the spread of the parts to the maiden flight video..........

FX070c st Flight at Park shake defect (5 min 12 sec)
thxkid is offline Find More Posts by thxkid
Last edited by thxkid; Today at 04:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2014, 01:17 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
1,225 Posts
Dan, did you get the replacement parts from BG yet?
vincent713 is online now Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Aug 30, 2014, 05:51 PM
Joined Jun 2012
250 Posts
FX070c parts or replacement

they asked what I wanted I just want a entire helo, suppose to send another entire FX070c but has not been mailed yet.
Old Sep 01, 2014, 03:29 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,225 Posts
They are probably swamp over there so you should try reaching out and remind them again. I'm really having a blast with this heli but it seems like I'm the only one who is enjoying it for some reason...?
Old Sep 01, 2014, 06:04 PM
Joined Jun 2012
250 Posts
Replacement

Man I been bugging banggood to get me replacement out soon as possible I get bombarded all the time when I am gonna get a unbox review posted and a good strong flight posted been trying to get a replacement from banggood, they said they are going yo send one that was 5-6 days ago nothing mailed yet, this is one great helo and its a hot item sooner or later more places will start to offer this for sale and banggood will loose out on a lot of sales, plus I want my helo the 2 flights I did get in, even though the servo was bad causing the shaking effect I still loved flying it the size of it just puts a smile on your face when you fly it, maybe they are trying to find a better way to cushion it for mailing, cause the stock box it comes in is a joke to me sending across seas.
Old Sep 01, 2014, 07:28 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,225 Posts
Yeah the package on mine wasn't the greatest but the only flaw I had was the side pods was kinda loose. You might be able to fix the servo like flyingboats did on his 071C heli. BG said they are in the process of selling parts for this heli. Anyways, I hope you get your heli soon and looking forward to your review.
Old Sep 02, 2014, 05:33 PM
expert heli pilot wanabee
United States, CA, Los Banos
Joined Jul 2006
2,267 Posts
finally got my heli today sadly it was experiencing the exact same problem but mine was itermittently it will spool up good then when hovering it will start to do the wobble i can see the servo moving up and down and im not even touching the aileron
siryan is offline Find More Posts by siryan
Old Sep 02, 2014, 06:40 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,225 Posts
This is ridiculous! BG needs to QC their product before they ship it to customers. I know for a fact mine was already open and QA before they shipped it because some of the wires that held the heli onto the foam was missing. This was probably why I mine flew good upon arrival. Take a video of how it hovers and send it to BG, they will replace either with parts or the whole heli. I would have them just replace the servos to make things easier and faster.
Old Sep 02, 2014, 07:43 PM
expert heli pilot wanabee
United States, CA, Los Banos
Joined Jul 2006
2,267 Posts
Im thinking that the mixing on the board is somehow screwed up when its on the table the servos are acting normal, only when i try to fly it its doing all sorts of weird stuff.

I can deal with the twitchiness since im hovering it in windy conditions but the wobble was the one that really sucks

.41 sec mark you can see the wobble
fx070c flying issue (1 min 7 sec)
siryan is offline Find More Posts by siryan
Old Sep 02, 2014, 08:25 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,225 Posts
Your heli's 6axis gyro is struggling to hover stable in a windy and confine space. It looks normal in your video, try flying it in a less windy condition in an open space, this is when the heli shines. Also, set your heli on a flat surface before you bind it to your TX. It needs to be level when the gyro initialize.
Old Today, 03:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
250 Posts
Order every part build from ground up

I have all parts on the way, I actually ordered every single part for the the FX070x to build from ground up cost $80, I still have one banggood needs to get which is the black head shell or canopy, I figure about $5 and I am modding as I build adding my own heat sinks to both motors, fine and beef up any fragile plastic pieces that the FX company over looked, lube and trim each part carefully, not this slam it it together like they did, may take a couple months and I plan to take very detailed pics, nice to see and nice to fall back on later, I really want this big 400-450 size of helo, man the parts are cheap at banggood, grab what you might think you need now before they out of stock or prices go up.
Old Today, 06:52 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,225 Posts
I ordered all the parts as well to build me a new one. BG is still missing the main blade and the links. I wonder if they are going to sell those parts.