SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:52 PM
Brownsburg, Indiana
Joined Aug 2005
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconhob View Post
Yay! Going to spend a little extra time on this one doing it up as an HU-16B version. Will require a few minor mods to the flying surfaces, but that's about it. The real trick will be retracts...
I was wondering about the lack of dummy wheel halves missing on this bird. Did they not all come with retracts?
flying jeep is offline Find More Posts by flying jeep
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:03 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
The plane did come with retracts. On the prototype we didn't put the dummy wheels on. We did however design in removable landing gear for pavement ops
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:46 PM
Brownsburg, Indiana
Joined Aug 2005
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike View Post
The plane did come with retracts. On the prototype we didn't put the dummy wheels on. We did however design in removable landing gear for pavement ops
What about flying off grass? No landing gear at all?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:37 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
You can use the gear for grass as well.
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:24 AM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying jeep View Post
What about flying off grass? No landing gear at all?
I designed the Albatross with removable landing gear. I didn't want to limit anyone to only being able to fly off water.
zbrubaker is offline Find More Posts by zbrubaker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shop remodeling continues...
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:27 AM
ParkScaleModels
Joined Feb 2002
4,192 Posts
Quote:
I was wondering about the lack of dummy wheel halves missing on this bird. Did they not all come with retracts?
The dummy wheels was a detail that I just hadn't gotten to yet. Since I designed it with removable landing gear, I wasn't going to put any kind of permanent 'retracted' wheels on the side of the fuselage.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:51 PM
Brownsburg, Indiana
Joined Aug 2005
1,014 Posts
I showed the wife the video on the web-site. She like it a lot. I told her that's what I wanted for my birthday gift. She gafted at the price. I didn't say a word, my time is coming. It's going to be the big 5 0 this year....
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:16 AM
ParkScaleModels
Joined Feb 2002
4,192 Posts
Quote:
I showed the wife the video on the web-site. She like it a lot. I told her that's what I wanted for my birthday gift. She gafted at the price. I didn't say a word, my time is coming. It's going to be the big 5 0 this year....
It's all in the presentations...tell her it works out to be far cheaper than almost any other form of entertainment. The cost per hour when you divide the cost by the time building, covering and flying is far cheaper than going to the movies, bowling or playing golf! With the added benefit that she knows you're down in your shop and not out getting into trouble!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:24 PM
Brownsburg, Indiana
Joined Aug 2005
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrubaker View Post
It's all in the presentations...tell her it works out to be far cheaper than almost any other form of entertainment. The cost per hour when you divide the cost by the time building, covering and flying is far cheaper than going to the movies, bowling or playing golf! With the added benefit that she knows you're down in your shop and not out getting into trouble!
Nope, that won't work. She knows exactly how much is spent on sailing and my motorcycle. I really had to rely on the "cute" factor on this one. Then I put down the trump card, I needed some "me" time after mowing the runway every week all summer long. It's very stressful sitting on a tractor drinking beer for hours on end going back and forth on the same piece of ground.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:58 PM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,341 Posts
Yeah, isn't that covered under your PTSS benefit?
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:00 PM
Brownsburg, Indiana
Joined Aug 2005
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loNslo View Post
Yeah, isn't that covered under your PTSS benefit?
You would think so huh? Oh no, I stumble home with nose running and eyes full of tears from allergies. Just misery. I have had to store (hide) models in different rooms and the barn so she can't see them all at once. Been married a while...
Jay
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:20 PM
Brownsburg, Indiana
Joined Aug 2005
1,014 Posts
Just watched Sly Stallone in the Expendibles. Did you know an Albatros played a major role? Now I really, really, really want this kit.
Jay
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:48 AM
71% of the world is runway . .
Nederland, ZH, Oostvoorne
Joined Jun 2009
1,710 Posts
Would be very nice to see another build thread of this nice aircrafti i say : BUILD IT !!

and make many photo's ofcource

Cheers,

Bart
Bart83 is offline Find More Posts by Bart83
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:40 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
331 Posts
Awesome!!! Well done.
skyracer068 is offline Find More Posts by skyracer068
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:25 PM
Brownsburg, Indiana
Joined Aug 2005
1,014 Posts
I've really been through the wringer trying to get the right motors and controllers for the Hobbyking CL-415, and I still don't have anything built yet. I know this model calls for .10 motors, but I don't recall seeing any motors called out by that spec. Can anyone supply a link to that size motor and controller?
Thanks,
Jay