Originally Posted by hogal View Post
Your cabs only have two wheels
challenger_i is online now Find More Posts by challenger_i
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:41 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,004 Posts
Must be a reflex to type Parnall Pixie. In this case, it's the Parnall Elf, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2 View Post
Hi,
snip

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED and DAVID OGILVY examines the PARNALL PIXIE.

Cheers

Algy
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:37 AM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
So everyone can enjoy them, Elf and Pixie
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:45 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick.benjamin View Post
So everyone can enjoy them, Elf and Pixie
They would make neat Ebeneezers!!
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:49 AM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
Anyone out there have plans for Cumulos by Carl Goldberg?
Newtmagick is offline Find More Posts by Newtmagick
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:48 AM
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Apr 2007
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtmagick View Post
Anyone out there have plans for Cumulos by Carl Goldberg?
Here we are:

Carl Goldberg's Cumulus
DeeBee1 is offline Find More Posts by DeeBee1
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:06 AM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
Thanks for the Cumulus

DeeBee1: Thank you so much for the link to the cumulus. Now hear is the rest of the story about the one I built when I was nine (1948) I never flew it for lack of a proper engine. But I gave the wing to my cousen who's father had made a Zipper fusalage and tail. We added my wing to that and took it out to the airport to fly it. It went stright up real high. Then it turned around and came stright down real fast and hit us both. That was the end to that story.
Newtmagick is offline Find More Posts by Newtmagick
Old Jun 27, 2012, 02:35 AM
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Apr 2007
1,133 Posts
Thanks for the story Newtmagick. Sounds like the plane was trimmed pretty well if it came right back to you! Let us know if you build the Cumulus
DeeBee1 is offline Find More Posts by DeeBee1
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:18 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Some more from Model Aircraft. Control line plans posted to C/L group
Model Aircraft February 1957

Necleus 22" span class A or B Delta Wing team racer. C/L http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=423

Zoom
53" Span All weather R/C stunter But hey take your fingers of the sticks and it FF

Model Aircraft April 1957

Russkie 43" span Wakefield Rubber powered

The Nurk 21" span 1/2A class team racer C/L http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=423

Comper Swift 20" span FF scale rubber power
aeromeddeler is online now Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:42 PM
Oldrndrt RCav8r
United States, OK, Ardmore
Joined May 2009
55 Posts
Towner Tiger Moth

Quote:
Hi,
We go to the MARCH 1972 issue of AEROMODELLER where the cover features the famous HAROLD TOWNER SCALE TIGER MOTH.

Yes the full build article was to be found inside for the superbly detailed 50 INCH span scale free flight power model but not unfortunately a usable plan.

It is a large model and the plans were printed over two sheets . In the magazine there were superimposed and impossible to scan for a worth while plan to build from.

./. snip./.

Cheers

Algy
Algy or Aeromeddeler,

Would it be possible to get a copy of the article on the Tiger Moth, from the March '72 issue of AeroModeller, and does anyone know where plans for it might be available for purchase or download? Thanks in advance!
Have a Blessed Day!
George
georgewaldrop is offline Find More Posts by georgewaldrop
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:46 PM
Oldrndrt RCav8r
Joined May 2009
55 Posts
Towner Tiger Moth

Quote:
Hi,
This time its the MAY 1996 AEROMODELLER with the cover featuring a proud DON MUNN displaying his 82 wingspan rubber powered HUGHES H-1 RACER.

Finally there were a couple of requests for the HAROLD TOWNER build article for his super scale TIGER MOTH from my previous post of the MARCH 1972 issue. Here it is.

Cheers

Algy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridon View Post
Many thanks for the Towner build article Algy.

Regards

BrianG
OOP's!!! I was reading through this fine thread and hadn't gotten to the other requests or the response...Thanks Algy!

Have a Blessed Day!
George
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:38 PM
Oldrndrt RCav8r
Joined May 2009
55 Posts
Quote:
Hi,
To July 1993 this time for a look at AEROMODELLER.

The cover photo is not a Photoshop fake but Don KNIGHT holding aloft his greatly enlarged Renaut based design of 1939. Has two fourteen strand motors. A 20 inch prop with a gearbox. Span is 102 inches and it weighs in at 47 ounces It was the subject of an article to be found inside.

Cheers

Algy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehoney View Post
>his greatly enlarged Renaut based design of 1939.

Not enlarged ... built to the published plan
Any chance of getting the article for the Renaut, and does anyone have the plans, or know where they may be obtained...a few minor changes and an electric, R/C conversion would be sweet!

Thanks in advance!
Have a Blessed Day!
George

PS Post is late because I just found this thread and have been making my way through it...great stuff! There's another giant rubber plane back aways from this one, shown on the cover of the May 1996 AM
Last edited by georgewaldrop; Jun 30, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Large elastic driven model

Hi George,
I can help you a little bit with a copy of the plan for L.E.D.M. based on the R.RENAULT design of 1939 built by DON KNIGHT.

DON greatly scaled up the plan he found in VIC SMEEDS book MODEL FLYING THE FIRST FIFTY YEARS.

It is only a tiny illustration in the book but I have scanned at the highest resolution I can on my copier (600 dpi) and maybe some one can enlarge it to the correct size and repost. The scale is given as 1” to 1 foot. I think all the details you need are on the plan.

If you ever get an opportunity to get a copy of VIC SMEED’S book snap it up and also his companion book FIFTY YEARS OF AEROMODELLER. They some times appear on EBAY. Hours of fascinating reading.

Best of luck.
Cheers
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Last edited by algy2; Jul 01, 2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:16 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Algy,
You seem to have forgotten the third book in that series 'Favourites of the Fifties'.

All three are excellent browsers and well worth the 6 to 7 I paid for each of them when they were published in the late Eighties.

Here are the front covers for the two you've not shown.

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Jul 01, 2012, 04:14 AM
Oldrndrt RCav8r
Joined May 2009
55 Posts
Algy, Hogal,

thanks for the info and the files. I shall be watching for copies of these books...Algy, Whilst I understand the statement that the plane built by Knight was built from copies of the plans in Smeeds book, which had been blown up many times [from the size of the drawing in the book], the wingspan of the aircraft depicted in the drawing in the book is actually much larger than the plane Knight built...the drawing indicates a span of 103.5 inches, and if I can get the drawing sized accordingly, this will do very well for what I was wanting to build! I love the larger planes, but I also love the vintage old-timer free flight style planes converted to R/C and [hopefully] powered with an electric power system. Thanks again for all your efforts, both of you!

Have a Blessed Day!
George