SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 07, 2011, 03:24 PM
Flying Canada's Arctic
Canada, NT, Fort Smith
Joined May 2010
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
I have the choice of either a canon still camera or a contour hd video camera. The frame has direct mounts for the openpilot board, so simply bolt on nylon spacers and go.
yes i forgot about that, but I am out of CopterControl boards, I have 5 CC models, but only one board,
here is where I am at now:

props are for show. Will be soldering up ESCs tonite, it might even maiden in the livingroom lol.
Franco
spydmobile is offline Find More Posts by spydmobile
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2011, 01:08 AM
Multirotors blow
Peterborough, England
Joined Dec 2006
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Use hot water out of the tap, and some dish washing detergent in the water. leave the pieces for 15 mins or so and the paper just falls off. A finger nail will deal with whats left.
Thanks kaz1104, I'll try that.

George.
georgebinns is online now Find More Posts by georgebinns
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:41 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
My latest multi rotor a scorpion y6 from good luck buy, keda 2826/32 1050kv motors 10" props
Rctimer 20a esc,s Black Vortex F/c running Multi Wii v1.9

Scorpion Y6 Multi Wii v1.9 Test Flight 2 (7 min 29 sec)
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:02 PM
Flying Canada's Arctic
Canada, NT, Fort Smith
Joined May 2010
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaza07 View Post
My latest multi rotor a scorpion y6 from good luck buy, keda 2826/32 1050kv motors 10" props
Rctimer 20a esc,s Black Vortex F/c running Multi Wii v1.9
Nice Build, Thanks for sharing!
Franco
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:21 PM
Italy
Joined Jan 2009
85 Posts
Scorpion Y650 with my Arm flight control board

Armquad Scorpion Y650 (6 min 6 sec)
Danveal is offline Find More Posts by Danveal
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:38 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,848 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking for a multi-copter that can fold up nicely for transport. This one caught my eye because it looks super cool, the arms can fold up, and it has a reasonably priced camera mount.

I've been looking at the XAircraft Quad that has the folding arms, and I like it because the legs can be removed. Downside is, it's a Quad, so the props will always be in the video frame. This Tri has a nice wide front viewing area.

But my question is, can the legs be removed? I'd like to be able to pull the legs off it, fold the arms, remove the props, and stick it in a bag or something that's easy to carry. I can't tell from the pictures if those legs are glued to the main frame.

Any reason I couldn't keep it simple and fly this as a Y4? I've never built a multi-rotor with stacked props like this one, do you use the same props top & bottom, or does the bottom one have more pitch because the air is already moving at speed?
Wind_of_Change is online now Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:32 PM
Italy
Joined Jan 2009
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
Any reason I couldn't keep it simple and fly this as a Y4? I've never built a multi-rotor with stacked props like this one, do you use the same props top & bottom, or does the bottom one have more pitch because the air is already moving at speed?
The Y4 has more difficulty in managing the yaw, using only one propeller
The Y6 has 3 props for the left yaw and 3 props for the right.
In my case I use the same props above and below but, by software, running at different speeds.

Here is the same flight posted above but seen by GoPro2 onboard
Armquad Onboard (1 min 32 sec)
Danveal is offline Find More Posts by Danveal
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:49 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
Hey guys, I'm looking for a multi-copter that can fold up nicely for transport. This one caught my eye because it looks super cool, the arms can fold up, and it has a reasonably priced camera mount.

I've been looking at the XAircraft Quad that has the folding arms, and I like it because the legs can be removed. Downside is, it's a Quad, so the props will always be in the video frame. This Tri has a nice wide front viewing area.

But my question is, can the legs be removed? I'd like to be able to pull the legs off it, fold the arms, remove the props, and stick it in a bag or something that's easy to carry. I can't tell from the pictures if those legs are glued to the main frame.

A quad works well as a camera platform in "X" mode with the camera mounted under. this gets the arms out of the picture.
This Scorpion frame folds but the lugs are not easily removable.
cannot see why it would not fly well as a Y4. The camera mount is cheap, but works okay. Servo slop gives it a bit of movement but I use rubber bands off the mount to "pre-tension" the slop. Looks bad but works well. Overall this is a big helicopter, even folded, for travelling.

Mark
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Feb 04, 2012, 04:52 PM
Alex USA
Joined Oct 2011
510 Posts
Hey Marco,

I don't know who you are but your website with your job, photos is most astonishing link I ever clicked on !

I do have a planes and multi-stuff it is something what I want to step in.
this tread, your link, photos, step by step guide ... I'm speechless ...

Subscribed !

BTW - what do you guys think about FeiYu Y6 comparing to scorpion ?

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydmobile View Post
Ok, wow, I must have been tired last night LOL
RD24: The Build Continues
http://lab.westernwillow.com/model/fleet/503
Franco
usa.alex is offline Find More Posts by usa.alex
Old Feb 04, 2012, 07:01 PM
Alex USA
Joined Oct 2011
510 Posts
All of you guys do a great job !
Great ideas - very helpful.

What kind of flight controller you decide to use ?

thx
usa.alex is offline Find More Posts by usa.alex
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:05 PM
United States, IA, Altoona
Joined Apr 2012
31 Posts
Luckyone is offline Find More Posts by Luckyone
Last edited by Luckyone; Jul 26, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:40 PM
Flying Canada's Arctic
Canada, NT, Fort Smith
Joined May 2010
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa.alex View Post
Hey Marco,

I don't know who you are but your website with your job, photos is most astonishing link I ever clicked on !

I do have a planes and multi-stuff it is something what I want to step in.
this tread, your link, photos, step by step guide ... I'm speechless ...

Subscribed !

BTW - what do you guys think about FeiYu Y6 comparing to scorpion ?

Alex
Hi Alex,

Its Franco , not Marco, but no worries ;-)
I live in the middle of nowhere, 750km (460 mi) from the nearest city, and have about an 8 month winter, so spend a lot of time in the lab, there is only 2 other mulitrotor pilots within a 1000km radius, 1 that flies mine, and the other my brother 270 km away, who is also a a new MR pilot, so I live vicariously through all of you .

Thanks for your kind comments about my Lab website, I just rebuilt the entire website from scratch

Who I am? Lol, Im a Firebug with a degree and I am a multirotor addict
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:41 PM
Flying Canada's Arctic
Canada, NT, Fort Smith
Joined May 2010
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
Anyone still here talking about Quads. I was wanting to buy a scorpion y650 frame but dont know what motors to put on it. Like to have a beefy setup, thinking about using the wookong-m FC.... Please let me know what anyone thinks Thanks
Lcky1
Here is my build these motors work great for me
http://lab.westernwillow.com/model-viewer/241

I am stoked that I can buy spare parts for this from hobbyking now
The landing gear on this model are very weak when you have it fully decked with big lipos and a Gopro.

Franco
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:58 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
Just incase scorpion owners didnt know you can get spare parts from hobby king HERE
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Old May 01, 2012, 06:27 AM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaza07 View Post
Just incase scorpion owners didnt know you can get spare parts from hobby king HERE
thanks for the link Gaza. I didn't know that HK sold parts.
Now I can rebuild mine.
I found the frame to be heavy.
I made a mod to mine to use a tilt mech for yaw control. When I get time I'll post. It's nothing special, just a plate mounted to the tail.

edit: I just ordered parts to fix mine!!
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Last edited by Phalanx-0; May 01, 2012 at 06:38 AM. Reason: update